cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Count online users by geolocation - how to?

Adrian_Kefirov
Participant

Hello, ladies and gents, 

I need to make a dashboard for a client to show him how many real users are online sorted by geolocation. 
I didn't see a stock chart for this. Can you help me? How to build a code to do that?  

3 REPLIES 3

dannemca
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

You can achieve this using USQL: https://www.dynatrace.com/support/help/how-to-use-dynatrace/real-user-monitoring/how-to-use-real-use...

Screenshot 2023-01-26 at 13.26.46.png

The only consideration is, you will not get the real online users, since the USQL will query the completed sessions only, as per doc:

• Only closed user sessions can be queried. Live user sessions aren't taken into account.

Site Reliability Engineer @ Kyndryl

ChadTurner
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

@dannemca is correct, you can grab the live users via the Session Segmentation but your not able to tile it on a dashboard: 

ChadTurner_0-1674751614395.png

You could however formulate a markdown tile that contains a link to the page as shown above for single click access. 

-Chad

fstekelenburg
DynaMight Pro
DynaMight Pro

Can you work with the built-in version? (Which already does what you need?)
Go to User behavior infograph section of the application, click View geolocation breakdown, and in the Geo locations details that appear under the infograph you already see some of the information.
If you click Expand to large view, you get a total overview.
Fun part there is that you can use the Pin to dashboard option.
Make sure to filter first, e.g. on user type Real Users.

fstekelenburg_0-1674827397031.png

See in the Demo environment:
World map of "www.easytravel.com" - Dynatrace Demo Live: Demo Live - Dynatrace

Kind regards, Frans Stekelenburg                 Certified Dynatrace Associate | measure.works, Dynatrace Partner

Featured Posts