cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User tag case sensitive and no longer wild card in the new User Sessions page?

fstekelenburg
DynaMight Pro
DynaMight Pro

We, or actually customer, found that with the new release enabled new Users Sessions page by default, that User Tags have to be entered exactly as they occur. In the previous page version they were not case sensitive. I don't know if this is an handy improvement.

E.g. 
JOHN will neither hit John or john.
john will only hit john, and John just John

Also, in the old page, the search string entered was enough to search in the whole name of the users.
Now that does not seem to work. For a brief moment it appears to work after which the tool jumps back to the alphabetic results, or none.

e.g.
Johns, would have found John Johnson previously. Now it doesn't.
John will only find John Johnson 

Customer contact switches now back to the old page.

I'll start a chat with support.

Kind regards, Frans Stekelenburg                 Certified Dynatrace Associate | measure.works, Dynatrace Partner
3 REPLIES 3

fstekelenburg
DynaMight Pro
DynaMight Pro

Have confirmed that in the new version to use filters one needs to enter the whole value, it no longer accepts partial values to use as a wildcard.

In my opinion this is quite a step back, the use of user id is quite crucial within this section

Kind regards, Frans Stekelenburg                 Certified Dynatrace Associate | measure.works, Dynatrace Partner

fstekelenburg
DynaMight Pro
DynaMight Pro

Both the customers as myself have made en entry through the Comment option on the new page.
I'm curious if this has chance to be picked up, or that we would need to raise an RFE to bring back the functionality "taken away" 🙂

fstekelenburg
DynaMight Pro
DynaMight Pro

By looking at the upcoming version, this appears to have been resolved. 
Awaiting the next Managed release update to confirm.
(as seen in the Demo environment https://yoj211.managed-sprint.dynalabs.io)

Featured Posts