cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Detection sensitivity" in mobile crashes settings?

AntonioSousa
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

In a mobile application, the configuration for the crash rate increase has three "Detection sensitivity" values. I have tried to find what they mean, the best I have gotten is this link in the documentation, but it only mentions low & high:
https://docs.dynatrace.com/docs/platform/davis-ai/anomaly-detection/adjust-sensitivity-anomaly-detec...

I don't even know if it applies to mobile crashes. Any idea what they mean?

Screenshot for the settings page:

AntonioSousa_0-1710701449593.png

Antonio Sousa
3 REPLIES 3

paulo_calaxa
Observer

Hi.
I once tried to understand the mechanisms under automated baselining, so I remembered seeing those thresholds somewhere... 
I have found the following documentation, I hope it will guide you in the right direction
So, from "Settings API - Crash rate increase settings for mobile applications schema table", you immediately have the link to Automated multi-dimensional baselining.

And as it also made sense to look for "adjust sensitivity", I got to
Adjust the sensitivity of anomaly detection

paulo_calaxa_0-1710758756909.png

and for instance in
Adjust the sensitivity of anomaly detection for services

paulo_calaxa_1-1710758918055.png

Hope it helps

@paulo_calaxa,

Thanks! In the first link I had previously verified that it was an enum, but there is no reference what actual values are permitted.

I had also seen the second link (the one I linked to), but it only has two sensitivity levels, and no reference to the "medium".

Your third link I had not found, and although not immediately related to crashes, and implying fixed thresholds,  it explains "medium" is something in the middle of Low & High, which quite frankly is what I was expecting too 🤣

Thanks for finding this out.

Antonio Sousa

Hi again...
Sorry, between Easter vacations, and previously getting rid of work, in order to be "allowed" to take it 😆 didn't check up on this...
I suppose that by now you have reached for Dynatrace's support.
Reasonable confidence, seems to be a Statistical concept. It's goes way beyond my knowledge.

Featured Posts