cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Instrument easyTravel app

Venkattk
Newcomer

Hi Folks! I am a beginner exploring Dynatrace and currently on a free trial.

I have used https://github.com/Dynatrace/easyTravel-Docker/, and brought up easytravel app on my mac. Not really sure, if this app takes up any configurations to point to DT server URL. Is there a way i can instrument this app from the DT Server UI?

Any help is greatly appreciated

Thanks!

-Venkat

11 REPLIES 11

Karolina_Linda
Community Team
Community Team

Hello @Venkattk,

Welcome to the Dynatrace Community!

Our easyTravel experts should answer your question shortly. If you have any other questions, just browse the Community, especially the short Getting started section.

Best regards,

Karolina

Keep calm and build Community!

Rafal_Psciuk
Dynatrace Helper
Dynatrace Helper

Hello @Venkattk 

What you need is Dynatrace OneAgent. Unfortunately it cannot be installed on mac (here is the list of supported OSes). You can use Linux virtual machine for tests. To downlnoad OneAgent, go to Dynatrace Hub (in the left menu), click on OneAgent and then click Download OneAgent. Select your operating system and follow instructions on the screen.

After installation you need to restart easyTravel processes.

Thanks @Rafal_Psciuk for the suggestion.
So, i need to install OneAgent on Linux, and then also make sure the easytravel process is running on Linux. And, I do not need any additional instrumentation in easytravel process. Is that right?

Thanks!

Correct, this is Dynatrace strength - after installing OneAgent you don't need to do additional configuration.

Venkattk
Newcomer

@Rafal_Psciuk 

I tried that now. 
First, installed oneAgent on my Linux virtual box(as non-root user). Installed OneAgent as a root later. 
This is what i see in the UI in Applications. (Please see the screenshot)

@Venkattk

What do you see in the hosts? You should see your host and easyTravel processes on running on it. You should also see some services.

Venkattk
Newcomer

@Rafal_Psciuk 
I see the easytravel processes in Host->Processes. 
But in Applications page, i dont see any flow, but see some injection errors. 

Please see the attached screenshots

Venkattk
Newcomer

@Rafal_Psciuk I see some errors in easytravel process in virtual box. I will probably set this up somewhere on aws ec2 instance and try it out. 
Is there any setting I need to configure on the dynatrace saas UI so that i can see the application flow and user sessions? 

Rafal_Psciuk
Dynatrace Helper
Dynatrace Helper

I assume that there is something on the services too. You should see manual visits to the easyTravel front-end (should be on port 80).

Our docker load generator started in docker-compose.ym,l  does not generate real user (application) data. Please use docker-compose-angular.yml to get application data.

Thank you!

Venkattk
Newcomer

@Rafal_Psciuk 
I tried this on aws ec2 instance ,and can see the application and user sessions. Thanks again!

Featured Posts