Starting with build 1840 of easyTravel, you can adjust the list of locations which the automatically generated visits in easyTravel use.
Steps to define new/changed locations
- Download the original file geo.txt which contains the default geo-mapping for the generated load. (Alternatively, you can also retrieve it from the folder
resources in the zip-file
uemload.jar which is installed as part of easyTravel)
- Adjust the mapping according to countries that you would like to use with sample IP-Addresses which are mapped to this country, unfortunately we do not have a list of such mappings for all countries as these also may change from time to time so you will need to look these up somewhere, e.g. by looking for IP-Addresses of well-known internet sites in that country.
- The format for each line is
- Put the resulting file
geo.txt into the folder
C:\Users\<userid>\.dynatrace\easyTravel\easyTravel 2.0.0\config on Windows or
- Restart easyTravel to pick up the new file
- The new file replaces the original geo.txt file used in easyTravel usually.
- Multiple IP-Addresses do not increase the likelihood of a country being chosen.
- Each time a simulated visit is generated, one country is chosen randomly
Keep calm and build Community!