cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synthetic ActiveGate

Hello,

I've two synthetic AGs, I want to load all my synthetic tests into both of them so that incase of real issue one can take the load for other and vice versa.

Now is there a possibility to adjust the execution? Likewise, AG1 will run for 10mins (ex - 10am to 10:10am) and therefore AG2 continuing for 10mins (10:10 t0 10:20am) and so on to share the load. If I'm selecting 20mins as frequency.

This is just to ensure both are not clashing while executing or not monitoring at same duration. 

Applies for HTTP test. Please assist.

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

kobecharles
Dynatrace Helper
Dynatrace Helper

Under frequency you can specify the amount of time you would like the synthetic location to run. Specificity of times  may not be available in Dynatrace, but using a combination of performance thresholds and the frequency may be a possible solution.  By using the "total duration of all events" metric you can specify custom alerting and configuration based on how long the execution takes. 

DanielS
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

hello @munawarhossain1 if you want to have high availability in your Private Synthetic ActiveGates I recommend you to add ActiveGates to the same location. Is easy to maintain because if one failed, the synthetics running on the same location are executed from the other AG.

DanielS_0-1704734314863.png

The true delight is in the finding out rather than in the knowing.

AntonioSousa
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

@munawarhossain1,

You don't need to worry about that, the AGs will distribute the load between them automatically 😉

Antonio Sousa

Ace! So, does it mean it will work exactly as I need? One by one carrying the load?

No clash! Right?

Yes. You do have to dimension them though. Like if you have two, and one might fail, please be sure that the only one left will be able to handle all the load. If not, add a third one, so if one fails, you still have two. You can also of course grow vertically, adding more resources to each of them.

Antonio Sousa

Makes sense, coming to load earlier we use to run all in one now we've two. So, with prospective to load we're good. I was just looking clarity on the execution one at a time which is clear by now. Thanks 🙂

Featured Posts