cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synthetic Check Last Execution

Jmunson
Newcomer

Hello. I am using an API to call into Dynatrace to validate the health of a service for a stake holder observability board. We had an interruption in service which was resolved, but now the in the details the "Last successful execution" has the startTimeStamp from last week This changes if I select a specific location,  but as we have that stamp stored as a failure, my service shows unhealthy. I have enabled and disabled the check, added and removed polling locations both to no avail. Is there a way to clear this value out? I do not even have the top location check running any longer. 

Jmunson_2-1706547143652.png

Jmunson_3-1706547193444.png

3 REPLIES 3

HannahM
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

There is currently no way to remove the last failure from a specific location from these options. We retain the information for all locations that have been assigned to the monitor. For some customers, they are interested in this information as they may disable a location while they investigate an issue with it. As you found, you can select the location you are interested in. 

Synthetic SME and community advocate.

Hello Hannah, thank you for your response. I left out of a crucial bit of information and I apologize. We do wish to retain the record of this event as well and I would not want it to be deleted. As you can see the analysis has the last run for the synthetic check as successful but has the old check's information here. When I filter to the location that is currently running it gives me the actual, most recent run from the location ending in 006. Why is this event being displayed as the "Last successful execution"? 

Thank You!

Jmunson_1-1706619606392.png

Jmunson_0-1706619529643.png

HannahM
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

Ah, ok. This is the same as for the last failed execution. We provide information on the last failed and last successful execution for every location the monitor has run on. It may be that a monitor was working on a location and now is failing so it can be helpful to compare with the last successful execution from the same location to investigate

Synthetic SME and community advocate.

Featured Posts