* AWS Elastic Beanstalk running Tomcat - load balanced - with 1 to 4 instances running at any given time.
* Instances are added and removed based on need so it's not a static set of servers
* Log files from all instances are rotated into an AWS S3 bucket
* In the Dynatrace Analyze "Log Files" section, I can only seem to see the current /var/log/tomcat8/xxx.log file (as an example)
* How do I make the rotated log files visible? Continuining the example above, I cannot see the xxx.log file's rotated files that are in /var/log/tomcat8/rotated folder.
* My last 30 days of logs are in the S3 bucket I mentioned before. How do I make them available to Dynatrace so I can analyze older logs for which the servers don't exist anymore? As I mentioned instances are added/deleted on-demand.
Solved! Go to Solution.
Support for AWS S3 bucket logs is on the roadmap. Sorry for late reply.
11 Jan 2019 12:06 AM - last edited on 27 Mar 2023 12:33 AM by MaciejNeumann
To learn more on how to configure AWS S3 log sources, please follow this doc page: