Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Take the Best App Challenge!‌‌📱‌

Michal_Gebacki
Community Team
Community Team

The "Best App" badgeThe "Best App" badge

The Dynatrace Community is all about technology, so there's no better kind of a Community Challenge theme! This time, we're asking you to share your favorite apps, either desktop or mobile! 

What are these apps for? How do they help you with your daily routine? How long is the list of your favorites? What is the hottest discovery of the latest months? Feel free to share all of these details below!

Every participant receives a unique "Best App" badge that you'll see in the Community profile next month, as well as 100 bonus points!

Let the February's Community Challenge begin with my pick: I can't count how many times Shazam helped me to save the title of tracks I've heard randomly. It's the top of the top!

49 REPLIES 49

Mike_L
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

The best app for me is probably Slack. It allows me to stay in contact with my worldwide team wherever I am, and quickly see if anyone in the company has a question I can help out with.

It’s also very stable and performant.

Mike

Kor01
Helper

Spotify is key for having some music. PagerDuty has a pretty good app, but it is NOT my favorite! That's not PD's fault haha

ChadTurner
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

As someone who is really bad at remembering music... Sound Hound always comes to the rescue! 

ChadTurner_1-1707755255101.png

Perform always has catchy music that I grab with Sound Hound 🙂 

-Chad

AntonPineiro
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Emacs everywhere! :take_my_money:

❤️ Emacs ❤️ Vim ❤️ Bash ❤️ Perl

I already know what your avatar means🤣

Have a nice day!

:angel: 😅

let's start a VI vs EMACS battle 😄 

AntonPineiro_0-1707829096370.png

😁

vi, no doubt

Antonio Sousa

I'm a VI girl! forever! it's the most powerful text editor available and by commands! And let's not talk about vim hahahahaha

RazTN7
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

Sometimes I watch movies and forget that I have already seen that movie before or hard time to keep track on web series episodes.

Recently came across "TVTime" app which we can keep the track of Movies & Series.

RazTN7_1-1707895850497.png

"App in the Air" Time spent in Flights stats tracker and much more. 

RazTN7_2-1707895933202.png

"StepsApp" not a fitness freak but love this Ui in Pro version.

RazTN7_3-1707896044085.png

Have a nice day!

AntonioSousa
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Our mobile phones do so much amazing things!!! There are so brilliant apps out there.

I'm going for one that I like a lot. For how it helps me (a little) understand how aviation is so complex, though works so well, well most of the times 😂 And also for what is needed out there to make it work.

The app is FlightRadar24:
Screenshot_20240212_195033_Flightradar24.jpg

Antonio Sousa

This app is addictive:) See also Martine Traffic 🙂

Have a nice day!

This is pure magic!!!

When I was young and had time for it, I used to love the app Heavens Above. It is flightradar for satellites and IIS 😍

Site Reliability Engineer @ Kyndryl

radek_jasinski
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Hi Everyone😊

I'm passionate about sport and taking care of my own health. I effectively use several apps that are excellent in supporting me in gathering the necessary data and formulating conclusions for the future. Sometimes they also suggest some improvements to my exercises.

Garmin
Tracking my entire day and activities. I have a connected app with a watch and a bike counter. With the data from these devices, my trainer would not be able to accurately see my body's training status, fatigue and plan my next training cycle. I used to use the Apple Watch for this, but the endless charging and lack of integration ruled it out.

0_mCRnJeZb98wnJCnx.jpg

TraningPeaks
A brilliant app for working with a trainer. As well as dedicated plans created by your coach, you'll find loads of pre-made plans that will start to prepare you for marathons, triathlon or cycling. You can also use Strava at a less professional level.

partner-product-desktop.jpg

TRX
The official app with TRX strap exercises. Everything you need for full-body strengthening exercises always with me. All you need to do is take the TRX bands and the app with you. You can do the workout anywhere and in any conditions - a door in a room or a tree is enough.

APLIKACJA TRX.jpg

Waking up
Top of the top app to help you meditate. Living with the constant stress of my business and everyday life, I can't imagine not having a moment to myself to dive deep into my own mind and disconnect from everything.

hq720.jpg

Strava Revover
An app that incorporates plans for stretching exercises

639b09ae4b97f_o_full.jpg

Radek

Have a nice day!

Love Waking Up; Sam Harris makes the best guided meditations out there!
Especially great for beginners, when simply sitting in silence is too much 😄  

I totally agree with you:)

Have a nice day!

Malaik
DynaMight Champion
DynaMight Champion

My Favorite App is about Shopping

Malaik_0-1707809990233.png

I can find everything on this site, from simple item to complex items.

I spent a lot of time and money.

Sharing Knowledge

gbaudart
Champion

Hi Community,

I use several apps on a daily basis:
- LinkedIn: The best social network to build a professional network 🖱
- Teams: To stay in touch with my colleagues and chat with them all the time. It's less intrusive than using a "WhatsApp" type app, which is also used for "personal" conversations 🌍
- WhatsApp: This time for personal conversations^^ One of the first that allowed us to talk to friends all over the world without paying for "off-peak" calls on our phones. It has become a standard 😀
- "L'équipe": French Sports news application, I'm totally addicted to sports news and I find the articles really serious compared to other news media 🎾 🏀 🏓 
- Banking application: PRO or PRIVATE, I can't help but constantly check my bank balance. Nowadays I'd be hard pressed not to check my accounts at least once a day 😱

Observability consultant - Dynatrace Associate Certified

IzabelaRokita
Community Team
Community Team

I used many sports/exercising apps in the past, but none stayed with me as long as the Down Dog app!

I've been an active user since December 2019, and this app precisely made me fall in love with yoga. 🧘‍

These are AI-generated yoga classes where you can personalize your practice time, yoga type, body part focus, music, level of advancement (I've started as a Beginner, never practiced yoga before, and the in-detail explanation helped me advance to intermediate 💪 ), the pace and so much more!

Highly recommended, in one subscription, you also get their meditation, HIIT training, and other apps. 😉 

bd41a39d-0d8b-452a-8f81-0b31b57a8c33.jpeg     81caa802-63a8-43b0-9883-ddefd1e4b099.jpeg

Obsessed, very good to have it always at hand.

dannemca
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Desktop: Postman. I am lazy, and Postman understand that.

Mobile: Deezer. I know mostly like Spotify, but Deezer is the one which I could find mostly of my loved tracks, and it does allow me to upload those which are not there.

Site Reliability Engineer @ Kyndryl

Ana_Kuzmenchuk
Community Team
Community Team

For me, Spotify is definitely a #1 app on my phone for the last couple of years. Once I discovered it also had podcasts, there was no way back 😅 Every year I'm waiting anxiously for the Spotify Wrapped to learn how much time I actually spent there, like 13,808 minutes this year listening to my favourite podcast, "Stuff you should know" 🙈

IMG_4395.jpg

Another one is Blinkist. When I was a kid I was reading a lot. Like, the unhealthy amount. For example, "The Chronicles of Narnia" series (roughly 900 pages in my edition) in 2 days (48 hours, I'm not sure I even slept). I long lost the skill, but I still love books, and I love to learn new things, new concepts, and here Blinkist comes in handy. It has summaries (either text or audio versions) of books, enough to give you "food for thought", and hook you. If I like the summary, I bookmark the book and later find/buy the full version to read 📚

And of course, I wouldn't be honest if I didn't mention any social media platforms. Telegram, for staying in touch with my family who's over 1,800 km (1,200 miles) away. And Instagram, my haven of calm and peace in these stress-inducing times. Sometimes it's good to just let yourself enjoy some funny cat and dog videos and reset 🐾

The only constant is change. Finding ways for great things to happen!

cesarsaravia
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Day by day I use two specific mobile apps for my personal/work productivity.
First position is "X" (aka. Twitter), because the most recently news you can see there instantly, and the second position is Slack for work productivity.

cesarsaravia_0-1707838668374.jpeg cesarsaravia_2-1707838707829.png

-César S. - LATAM Solutions Architect

Kenny_Gillette
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

Favorite Apps:

Spotify/YouTube Music on my laptop

ChatGPT (help rewrite emails)

Phone:

Life 360

Nest (control my thermostat and look at my front door)

GroupMe (messaging different people)

Udisc (Disc Golf app)

SwingVision (Tennis app)

Facebook (for social and for interacting with a workout group I am in)

BeReal (so I can see what my kids are doing)

Snapchat (only to interact with my kids)

Gmail

List can go on and on

Dynatrace Certified Professional

@Kenny_Gillette 
I also like SwingVision, very good apps for tennis 🎾
Especially with an iwatch ! 😀

Observability consultant - Dynatrace Associate Certified

yes sir.  I played last night and other guy asked score when serving and i could just look at my watch.  Of course, it always assumes you keep up with it 🙂  Once in a while, I have forgotten to update my watch.

As an basketball player I'm a fit freak 😄

I need to supply my body with relevant diet and great amount of nutrition.

So like DT monitoring application I monitoring my body with fitatu app.

Pawel_Zalewski_0-1707905700710.png

Pawel_Zalewski_1-1707905887910.png

"The lions does not ally with the coyotes"

Patrick_H
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

For me its HealthFit - which is basically like an offline Strava (which I also like and use) giving you details on all your Trainings and Fitness activity you have stored in AppleHealth, but no need to upload everything.

IMG_4727.jpegIMG_4728.jpegIMG_4730.jpegIMG_4729.jpg

iOS help: https://www.dynatrace.com/support/help/shortlink/ios-hub

Discord and Foundry Virtual Tabletop (I guess I can call that an app) are great for playing games and staying connected via voice chat with friends from all over the world <3.

And, of course, if you work in IT you will at least own one (or way more) authenticator apps.

A Dynatrace Professional nerd working for Conclusion Xforce

steven_v
Organizer

Definitely Discord for me. Tons of awesome tech, fantasy football, and gaming communities. I use Discord for networking and connecting with people who share the same interests and hobbies.  

islam_zidan
Champion

Hello,

As i usually don't have time to read a full book, so i use Storytel. the best option for audiobooks 😊

islam_zidan_0-1707977570494.png

Dynatrace Certified Professional - Dynatrace Partner - Yourcompass.ca

Mohamed_Hamdy
DynaMight Champion
DynaMight Champion

My favorite Apps that I use daily:

- WhatsApp

- MS Teams

- LinkedIn

- Samsung Health

- BodyFast: Intermittent Fasting

Certified Dynatrace Professional | Certified Dynatrace Services Delivery - Observability & CloudOps | Dynatrace Partner - yourcompass.ca

Abidyaseen
Participant

I  like ChatGPT it has made my life easy, and I also enjoy using Botim for its free unlimited calling feature

I love ChatGPT also!

SachinJindal
Helper

Authenticator app to enable  Authentcation in a secured way...

richard_guerra
Advisor

[Android, sorry Apple fans]

Aegis - 2FA, works with most, e.g Google Auth, except orgs that require the proprietary MS Auth.

Nunchuk bitcoin wallet (not your key, not your coin - n'est pas)

FairMail email client, hand-in-hand with OpenKey for PGP

Squawker - X client (used to have built-in guest accounts until recently)

NewPipe - Youtube client.  Anonymous view without ads! Isn't this enough to make you switch from Apple 😉

_______

I'm always on the lookout for an Android GTD/Task-manager app - any suggestions? I used to use "Things" in my Apple days...

Magda_Zarek
Dynatrace Organizer
Dynatrace Organizer

My favourite desktop app is probably Slack and I use it for work purposes. It allows me to quickly connect with colleagues. 

When it comes to mobile apps, I think one of my favourites is Instagram. I've been using it since about 2011, I think back then it was only available for iOS, so I had it installed on my iPod Touch. However, my iPod didn't have a camera, so when I wanted to take a picture to post on the app, I'd use my dad's iPod. He had a newer version with a built-in camera. The quality of the photos wasn't the best, but using Instagram filters was a huge thing back then (especially if you were a teenager at the time 😂). 

Nowadays, people use the app for many different purposes, unfortunately mostly for marketing, however I still like to use this app as a diary, so that I can look back at photos of good memories 😀

Below are some nostalgic photos from when I was just starting my adventure with Instagram 😅📷

Screenshot_20240222_112638_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20240222_112642_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20240222_112618_Facebook.jpg

Miguel_RinconG
Dynatrace Advisor
Dynatrace Advisor

My favorite app is Youtube,  I love listening podcast in my regular activities

Eric_Yu
Dynatrace Advisor
Dynatrace Advisor

I really like using Notion to take and organize my notes, very handy tool.

Eric Yu

DanielS
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

I share the apps that I use most

Desktop:

Perplexity is a great app which integrates several AI's. (Also works on Phone)

Visual Studio Code   is a great app for text editing and coding with several plugins.

Snag-it is a great Win/Mac screen capture software with advanced tools.

Phone:

I love Audible Audiobooks have been a great solution for certain activities on a day to day basis.

The true delight is in the finding out rather than in the knowing.

jegron
DynaMight Pro
DynaMight Pro

I am news addict! So I am using lots of serious media (French) apps like Les Echos, L'équipe, Eurosport, etc ...

I also use X.com a lot because no other social network offers as much real-time information as Elon's baby!

Observability Engineer at Phenisys - Dynatrace Professional

kuncarlos
Dynatrace Helper
Dynatrace Helper

On the P2P side: Qbittorrent, Soulseek.

For writing scripts: Visual Studio Code

For communication: Whatsapp ( imagine a world without whatsapp, Telegram?)

For my work: Totango

and finally to look for Jupiter: Sky Map

WHomES

PierreGutierrez
Dynatrace Advisor
Dynatrace Advisor

My most used desktop application is Trello, it helps me a lot to organize and have visibility of my activities.

PierreGutierrez_0-1709522603594.png

And on my phone I use Smule (app for karaoke with people from all over the world)  😁 and also Microsoft Tasks (to organize personal to-dos or shopping lists)  .
And I can't forget Linkedin, I can read a lot of technology information and new news from there 😎

PierreGutierrez_1-1709522639149.png PierreGutierrez_2-1709522736845.png   

PierreGutierrez_3-1709522828380.png

  

Pierre Gutierrez - LATAM ACE Consultant - Loving Cats! Loving Technology !

PedroDeodato
DynaMight Pro
DynaMight Pro

Definitely Spotify! 🎼

I use it all the time: to hear music when I'm working, to hear podcasts while I'm commuting, etc etc etc.

Besides that, obviously, what would be of life without sharing it with your friends?

WhatsApp, iMessage and Facebook Messenger are always there to keep me connected with everyone!

Best regards, Pedro Deodato

dcarballo
Participant

For work💻: Gmail, Dahua DMSS, GDMS Lite

Music🎼: Spotify and Poweramp

Comics and Books: ReadEra, Comic Screen

Alva for social without use of data 😉

Dynatrace apprentice

natanael_mendes
Champion

For me is Whatsapp, i think that easily made me create contact with alot peoples around the world

Dynatrace Professional Certified

lp
Dynatrace Promoter
Dynatrace Promoter

The best app for me is the chrome remote desktop app, both on my phone and PC.
This will let you easily connect to any of your devices and is touch-friendly too for easy mouse controls, I use it to control my media PC.

theharithsa
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

Looks like everyone has their own personal preference. My favorite app till dat which in future it won't change. 

- Apple Music

Love more, hate less; Technology for all, together we grow.

Featured Posts