cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Take the Community DJ Challenge! 🎵‌

Michal_Gebacki
Community Team
Community Team

We're halfway through July, meaning it's time for the new Community Challenge! :dynatrace:

The "Community DJ" badgeThe "Community DJ" badgeIt's holiday period right now, and many of us are slowing down a little bit. Let's move back to more laid-back subjects, this month looking at your... music playlists🎵 They're popping up to make our workflows, workouts, bike trips, or simply resting time more pleasant. People around us can sometimes love really non-ordinary genres and sounds. That's why we're so curious about your answers! 👀

Let's build the Dynatrace Community Summer Playlist together! 🎶 Share below the top 3 most listened tracks you're into right now, no matter what is the language, genre, length, form or age... It's up to you! As always, every participant can expect 100 bonus points and a priceless "Community DJ" badge. Who knows, maybe your answers will let others expand their musical horizons...

Let's start the Challenge! 🌟 For the beginning, here are my three picks...

66 REPLIES 66

dannemca
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Oh that's a good one!!!

The Techno Monkey you posted remind me the Techno Viking vibe 🤣

It is really hard to choose the "best", since I do listen to so much things... but here are mines

🎶🎸🥁

Site Reliability Engineer @ Kyndryl

That's right! Techno viking is the king of street raves forever 🤣 Thanks Dane for the link to the playlist!

techean
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

Metal, Rock, Acoustic .. Your are rocking brodr 😃 Thanks for sharing this!

KG

I took a part of the weekend to listen to our DJs playlists! This is a hell of a start! Also didn't know about the Techno viking, had to check it out!

Antonio Sousa

AntonioSousa
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Great Challenge! Going to hear them all!

I'm going to give a bonus, with my playlists that I have for each of the genres below  🤣

1. I love Southern Rock. So many songs that I like, but one that I hear over and over again:
    O Bando do Velho Jack - Eu não preciso ir ao médico
    Southern Rock Playlist
  2. I love to dance Salsa, not that I have done a lot lately. And I really love the sound! This is one that I hear the most
    Fruko y sus Tesos - El Preso
    Salsa Playlist
  3. I also love Blues, but a little bit harder. One of my favorite, from one of my favorite bands:
    Whitesnake - Trouble
    Rock Blues playlist

Enjoy!

Antonio Sousa

Amazing playlist, great opportunity to discover Portuguese music! Fun fact, in one of the largest Polish radio stations every Sunday used to be audition with nostalgic folk music from Portugal, sadly not anymore but it's been sooo different and fresh!

Rock blues !😅 listening for first time, but can relate the lyrics deeply, reminding me of my college days. Thanks for sharing this 🙂

KG

I was expecting to see Moonspell in your list 😆

Mo_Azuz
Dynatrace Mentor
Dynatrace Mentor

I enjoy 80s and 90s music (mostly rock), I also listen to other genres and languages, I was recently on a road trip and had my rock playlist playing for almost 12 hours drive. So many tracks to choose from, but these are the ones that are currently stuck playing in my head :).

• Scorpions - Rock You Like A Hurricane
  • Metallica - Wherever I May Roam
  • Guns N' Roses - Civil War

Classic rock for road trips is a perfect fit! 😎

techean
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

More member here in love with Rock ! Thanks for sharing this 😉

KG

Great Scorpions fan, especially from their first albuns. Hadn't heard Metallica recently, and also Civil War. Recently a friend of mine pointed me to a fun fact regarding the Guns N' Roses song:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyX37cDpCnc

Antonio Sousa

richard_guerra
Advisor

*An eclectic mix -

I wish I could have been here to view these performances:

(Yanni - Aria at the Acropolis) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGQTygjOBhQ

(Andre Rieu - Blue Danube at Schönbrunn Palace Vienna, Austria)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDaJ7rFg66A

I did see this one in person: (Bon Jovi @ Toronto ACC) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6IpD9ty2bo

André Rieu & his Johann Strauss Orchestra playing "The Beautiful Blue Danube" (An der schönen blauen Donau) by composer Johann Strauss II. Recorded live at Empress Sisi's castle; Schönbrunn Palace Vienna, Austria with dancers from the famous Austrian Elmayer Dancing School. Clip from the DVD ...

All those efforts before the stage performance to make such a beautiful harmony along with live audience, commendable !!! 

Thanks for sharing this 🙂

KG

Didn't know Yanni, remembered me of another great Greek composer: Vangelis. André Rieu concerts are absolute amazing, have had the luck to presence one 😊 BTW, was born near Toronto, but came to Portugal a little before the Bon Jovi concert 🤣

Antonio Sousa

techean
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

Thankyou @Michal_Gebacki  for sharing this challenge, I would love to add all these songs in my playlist too. Here are couple of songs I keep on playing.

Jugni | Tochi Raina | Sufi Acoustica | Band Of Bandagi - YouTube - I love this song as it uplifts my soul to vibe with the Devine One !

Rockstar: NADAAN PARINDE (Lyrical Video) | Ranbir Kapoor | A.R Rahman | Mohit Chauhan - YouTube - Artist here have done a great job, and I can listen this on and on

OneRepublic - Apologize (Official Music Video) - YouTube - I listen all language songs which I can speak ! this is in my playlist. I do love the orginal version, but unfortunately the audio quality in YT is not as the one I owe in a cassette earlier. 

KG

Had to check out the meaning of Jugni and read some of the comments to understand the first suggestion 🙂 Intrigued by the Rockstar phenomenon, also checked out "Sadda Haq" 😄 Hadn't heard Apologize for a long time...

Antonio Sousa

No need to apologize😅. Jugni is a word commonly know as person who resemble spirit or essence of life. Sadda Haq yea its indeed and intriguing song. Try listening more of AR Rehman compositions. He is India who lives music.

KG

AntonioSousa
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Finished listening to all the DJ picks, with your list 😊

Had to check out where the Chris Rea music video was filmed: Formentera
And from the Techno Monkey video I now understand the Techno viking reference 🤣

Didn't know about Kurt Vile, has a Tom Petty sound, have to check more from him 😊

Antonio Sousa

kurt_aigner
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

The first day after my vacation, I picked this playlist in an endless loop till I'm though my inbox:

Director of Product Management @ Dynatrace
That means I'm better at delegation than doing actual work!

Excellent vibes, hope you'll extend your holiday mood at least for one more day, Kurt! 😎

Radoslaw_Szulgo
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

Let's vibe!!! 🌴 🌴 🌴 ☀️ My international summer hits:

1. Pretty Boys - Me Kuia 🇵🇹 

2. Simplement - Milca 🇫🇷

3. Raffa FL - Ritmo (Official Visualiser) 🇪🇸

Senior Product Manager,
Dynatrace Managed expert

mr-worldwide-pitbull

Was not expecting this! @Radoslaw_Szulgo with a kizomba/zouk mix...

Antonio Sousa

Kizomba my love since the first step ❤️

Senior Product Manager,
Dynatrace Managed expert

Karolina_Linda
Community Team
Community Team

Not necessarily the summer hits ☀️, but definitely songs that play in my headphones quite often recently🙂

Keep calm and build Community!

kuncarlos
Dynatrace Helper
Dynatrace Helper

Here is my pick. Jazz is still very much alive in 2022:

Binker and Moses

Theon Cross

Cecile Mclorin Salvant ( retake on a Kate Bush classic)

WHomES

Kate Bush's music is definitely on fire lately 😄

Ana_Kuzmenchuk
Community Team
Community Team

So many great hits to steal for my playlist 🙈

A few of my frequent flyers: 

Lord Huron - The Night We Met

AnnenMayKantereit - Tom's Diner

The Kills - Future Starts Slow 

And a Ukrainian song as a treat 🇺🇦
Odyn v Kanoe - Будь менi кимось

The only constant is change. Finding ways for great things to happen!

ChadTurner
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

So with my office set up I have an Echo dot that sits on the top of the dual monitor stand so I can control my music :).

I have quite the random playlist but lately its been:

The Weeknd - Save Your Tears 

Elton John, Dua Lipa - Cold Heart (Lyrics) PNAU Remix 

Lastly, this always takes me back to 2019 Vegas lol - sound familiar?  :dynaspin:

Kamandi - Clone Phone 

-Chad

Couldn't wait for your summer hits pack, Chad, not disappointed at all! :cool_doge:

arturo_mondelo
Dynatrace Advisor
Dynatrace Advisor

Here my 3! Hope you enjoy some (or all!) of them!!!
Mark Farina - Dream Machine

Damian Lazarus - Moment

Luomo - Tessio

Wow, so groovy electronic vibes, added them all to my playlist 😄

andre_f
Dynatrace Mentor
Dynatrace Mentor

These are my three:

Volbeat - Goodbye Forever 🇩🇰

Don Henley - The Boys Of Summer 🇺🇸 (A more quiet version 🙂)

Die Toten Hosen - Tage Wie Diese 🇩🇪

Excellent international selection, Danish music deserves some attention especially!

I see Volbeat, I upvote!!!! :cool_doge:

echwallah
Advisor

1. Kate Bush's song - "Running up That Hill" is epic even after 37 years after its release especially while watching the scene in Stranger Things and the song plays in the Background as the girl is running away

Dynatrace Certified Associate

echwallah
Advisor

1. Kate Bush's song - "Running up That Hill"

2. Nightwish - "Phantom of the Opera"

3. Nightwish - "Ghost Love Score"

Dynatrace Certified Associate

Cool selection, the number first is a true summer hit despite its age! 😎

As a complete "Phantom of the Opera" addict, I really liked Nightwish's version!!

Did not know about it! Thanks!!

Best regards, Pedro Deodato

abraham_ormsby
Dynatrace Guide
Dynatrace Guide

Fantastic community challenge this month @Michal_Gebacki, thanks!

This has expanded my playlist and here's my contributions, a few fun songs that stay in rotation:

Marc Anthony - Pa'lla Voy

April March - Chick Habit

Daft Punk ft Pharrell - Lose Yourself to Dance

Senior Client Services Analyst

Thank you Abraham for participating and another three excellent songs, our playlist is getting really long! 😄

Fin_Ubels
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

Oooo so many songs to go through!

My contributions are:
Lou Reed - Perfect Day - Found this watching the latest season of Westworld

Tank! - Some anime soundtracks... *chefs kiss*
OVERWERK - Toccata - Don't know how I stumbled across this but I find it great for working

Great, diverse vibes! :cool_doge:

OVERWERK's Toccata is going into permanent rotation, thanks!

Senior Client Services Analyst

theharithsa
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

My top 3 songs that I would recommend is,  

1. Hey Jude (The Beatles)
  2. Eternal Love (Michael Learns The Rock)
  3. Hometown Smile 
Love more, hate less; Technology for all, together we grow.

Nice to explore another pack of different sounds together, always keen on mixing some opposites in one playlist 😄

If you like "Hey Jude", I suggest you hear the Minor version of it...

It is a musical arrangement, where the original Major key have been transposed to its Minor version... a darker, mellower Jude 🙂 

"HEY JUDE" in a MINOR KEY 

Breno
Helper

Thank you Breno! 

I can spot another tune in Portuguese - it's rocking in this challenge! 😄

Oh, no... my musical curse, of the recent months ☠️

Between all of my friends, I am always the one who shows up late to gatherings scheduled to the early morning... I am the sleepy head of the group...Needless to say that, after the release of the "Acorda Pedrinho" tune (literally translates to "Wake Up, Little Pedro"), they have used it against me countless times 🤣

Mike_L
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

Nice challenge!

It is definitely different per mood, so let’s go with some different moods!

Alan Walker - Faded

JP Saxe & Julia Michaels - If the world was ending

Peter Gabriel - The book of Love

Mike

OOOOooOO - these are the closest to me! Mike - check this mashup - https://youtu.be/r3LiyKA4gqs?t=121 !! 

Senior Product Manager,
Dynatrace Managed expert

That was a fun mashup!

Mike

Wow, @Radoslaw_Szulgo ! Loved it!

I'm also a fan of Mashups!!!

One of the best ones out there, if you usually like them as well:

Boulevard Of Broken Songs  

Malaik
DynaMight Champion
DynaMight Champion

Hi @Michal_Gebacki 

This challenge is restrictive to me 😥.

Im not a music fan, so how can I participâtes :cool_doge:

Sharing Knowledge

Don't you have at least one tune that makes you smile? C'mon Malaik, let's try! 😃

@Michal_Gebacki 
It seems strage but no, I smile to life without any tune.

I sing to my self when I want :dancing_blob:.

I can record you some track but you have to cover your ears :pacman: (Joke)

Sharing Knowledge

Hey, it's a really fantastic idea - looking forward to some exciting homemade tunes :cool_doge:

PedroDeodato
DynaMight Pro
DynaMight Pro

Well, hard to 'compete' with such an eclectic collection so far!! 

I really love soundtracks (movies, videogames, you name it), specially the epic ones.

One of the songs I recently keep on playing is 'Baba Yetu' by Christopher Tin, the theme song to the game Civilization IV:

Christopher Tin - Baba Yetu

Second, and perhaps the closest one to the Summer vibe... at least, it is HOT 🔥

Fogo Fogo (literally translates to "Fire Fire") is a Portuguese music group, with roots from Africa's Cape Verde.

This one is one of my favourites of them, and it has been on Repeat A LOT lately:

Fogo Fogo & Sara Tavares - Kabu Frontam

Last but not least, I am very fond of Portuguese music in its many wonders: so full of History and Traditions!

It really brings me back to some happy places!

Luís Trigacheiro, a young Portuguese musician (who recently won a TV contest) combines in his music a lot of traditional Portuguese music tastes, with a very modern beat to it.

I recently attended a concert of him, and this one is stuck in my head since then:

Luís Trigacheiro - Quem Me Vê

I could post so many more...

But I tried to stick to my most played recently...

Giving that I love so many different genres, I guess the selection above really puts out the message of the fun it is having the "Shuffle" button always on! 🤣

Hope some more musical challenges are up on the road 😄

Wow, Pedro, you really delivered! 😃 Fantastic to read some stories connected to tracks you're sharing, I love them! 

andre_vdveen
DynaMight Champion
DynaMight Champion

Summer is on the horizon for us in the southern hemisphere again and I can't wait!! 🏖

However, my first choice is a band I can listen to all day, all week, all year round and I'm proud to say a local 🇿🇦 band that's doing really well for themselves: Spoegwolf (directly translated: spit wolf)
Here's one of my favorites from them:
Spoegwolf - Blou 

I enjoy a wide variety of music, depending on my mood and what I'm busy with, which makes this really difficult for me to put up my top three songs!
Tonight Alive - My Underworld (feat. Corey Taylor) is part of my rock playlist and a song that I can listen to over and over again.
Johnossi - Heavens is one of my favorite songs from this 🇸🇪 band!

I was waiting for you answer, Andre, there you are! 😎 Afrikaans music is so unique, I've explored once a few artists from those areas and it's impressive how distinct and groovy it is.

robaxelsen
Dynatrace Helper
Dynatrace Helper
Listen to you broke me first on Spotify. Tate McRae · Song · 2020.

Rob, it's never too late to be last 😋

BTW nice songs!

Director of Product Management @ Dynatrace
That means I'm better at delegation than doing actual work!

It was surely worth waiting for such a pack of good music! 😎

Featured Posts