Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Take the Inspector Gadget Challenge! ‌💡‌

Michal_Gebacki
Community Team
Community Team

Welcome back, it's time for the new Community challenge! :dynatrace:

The "Inspector Gadget" badgeThe "Inspector Gadget" badgeYour engagement and variety of submitted answers are simply amazing recently! We couldn't wait to share with you another exciting Community challenge - and now, here it is. Tell us a little bit about your favorite gadgets and items you love to have, making your life better, simpler, and more pleasant! 💡

The conditions are as flexible as you could imagine - maybe you're proud of your computer & working set as an IT nerd? Or are you a explorer of landscapes with your drone? Or maybe you're passionate about music, having instruments or DJ consoles? Or are you owning other unique gadgets? 🔍

Sky is the limit! Every participant gets 100 bonus points, a dedicated "Inspector Gadget" badge, and endless fun. Who knows, maybe your set of devices will inspire someone to explore a new passion... 🤔 Remember, rewards are submitted till the end of the challenge, May 13th!

Can't wait for your answers!

49 REPLIES 49

Karolina_Linda
Community Team
Community Team

I'm not a gadget person, but if I were to name one thing - that would be a smartwatch

My phone is muted all day long, but thanks to a smartwatch, I see all incoming calls and messages, including notifications from various apps. I can also pay with it and monitor all my sports activities 🙂

So no matter if I'm wearing an evening dress or a running outfit, it's always on my wrist 😃

Also, I love smartwatches for kids - they even include a SIM card 😃 They have everything you need to stay in touch with your kid except the connection to the internet which is a blessing! So far, there's no good excuse to buy mobile phones. This deserves a Noble prize! 😂

Keep calm and build Community!

Couldn't agree with you more, Karolina!

It becomes even cooler when you set up your smartwatch with some smart home appliances!

Asking your watch to turn on your lights is so futuristic! 🤖

Best regards, Pedro Deodato

I'm not there yet, but who knows what the future brings 😃

Kenny_Gillette
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

Mine are by google/Nest

Nest doorbell - you can see who is at your door without getting up

Nest Thermostat - you can change the temperature of your house without getting up and when not at home.  Love this.

Dynatrace Certified Professional

oh, yes! It's nice to step into the house/apartment after a busy day and not have to wait for it to heat up or cool down. 🌞 ❄️

When passion meets people magic and innovation happen.

dannemca
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

I am sorry, @Michal_Gebacki , but the sky is not the limit.

My favorite gadget is this binocular, a Celestron UpClose 12x50. I have it since before my graduation in college. It is cheaper and portable than a telescope, the best gadget an amateur astronomer can have.

On these pics we can see Moon and Venus.
27022009601.jpg27022009595.jpg

On this other we have Saturn, Jupiter and 4 of its biggest moons.

IMG_0010.JPG

Here we have Orion constellation

IMG_4238.JPG

Some say I like observability... wondering why....

Site Reliability Engineer @ Kyndryl

Wow, this is outstanding! 🌙

Love it! 😍
And yes, the sky it's not the limit!!! 📈

Malaik
DynaMight Champion
DynaMight Champion

Hi EveryOne,

I love this challenge,

I have a multitude of gadgets at home.
Smart watches, Speakers, googlehome, connected bulbs, ...
But google home (or Alexa) remains my favorite, it is also used for an interactive game for children...
And we took this gadget even to the office in our service center where we connected
Alexa on amazon (to follow our orders :D)
and GoogleHome to Service Now and ITSM to be notified as soon as we receive customer tickets (don't have an excuse and say I didn't see the email  :alarm:...)

By the way, we were inspired by the dynatrace UFO

Malaik_0-1650436841275.png

I can't wait and I'm super excited if one day I can get one.:dynaspin:

Have fun and take care.

Sharing Knowledge

Maybe you will build your own :dynaspin: UFO? :ufo:
It can be a challenge, but I think other Community users will be eager to help! 🤗

kurt_aigner
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

IMG_20220420_154628_1.jpg

Director of Product Management @ Dynatrace
That means I'm better at delegation than doing actual work!

As long as everyone can read this without more than one attempt, every handwriting is fine! 😉

I love the "emoji" you drew! 😉

PedroDeodato
DynaMight Pro
DynaMight Pro

I was going to say smartwatch , but as it was already mentioned 👀, I'm going with music/music-tech stuff 🤓, as Michal suggested!

Learning music from a young age, it was only natural that music-tech would be the way to go, when I got older and realized my future would be in IT 💻

For the great part of the last decade, I've been working with sound & lights on shows in the Phillarmonic Society where I volunteer, and I think my "office" speaks for itself:

PedroDeodato_0-1650471604871.jpeg

That's the Front of House booth, where I spend most of my "free" time 🙂

The leftmost part is the dullest, just a MacBook to playback content and record stuff.

In the center, there's the beauty to my eyes: a Midas M32 sound mixer. A fantastic piece of engineering! It sounds amazing, never fails, and it's even remote controlled on a tablet or smartphone... allows me to work the sound without having to be stuck on that lonely booth all the time 😁 👀

On the right, the other half of it: lights! An Avolites Titan Mobile, works with everything from halogen conventional lights to robotic-moving LEDs 🤖 and... it's also remote controlled 📲 🎉

So, besides an Inspector Gadget scenario, also something of a Dexter Laboratory of Stage Arts 🎼 🎹 🎵 😅

Best regards, Pedro Deodato

Wow, that's so inspiring! Asking about music totally wouldn't expect something like this! :patrick_wow:

AntonioSousa
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Joining gadgets with an inspector mentality, I'll have to talk about a pair of temperature dataloggers that I have been using for some 10 years now. I have used a lot of sensors, but these are the ones that amazed me the most! They had such a big resolution (0.01ºC) that they would detect me when I passed by! I posted dozens of experiences in a blog I have with a friend (disclaimer: in Portuguese, and haven't written much in the last years). My favorite two are the following:

This is one of them in a zeer beach experience: 🤣

AntonioSousa_1-1650479576168.png

Antonio Sousa

Great to know! And I'm not surprised that the sensor can sense you when you're passing by.. After all, you are one of the "hot" DynaMights! :dynamight: 😉

Radoslaw_Szulgo
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

I will also share one, that is not that obvious, one that I found really helpful recently. It's definitely my gadget of 2021! It's just an ergonomic wrist rest. With this - my work is so much more pleasant! It's very innovative, designed with physicians and very very comfortable.

A27D4481-1733-483A-A37F-824F8F5DC753_1_102_o.jpeg

Senior Product Manager,
Dynatrace Managed expert

Can only agree, that every day spending so many hours in front of the computer affects in a negative way on the wrist. Thanks for sharing! :hands_in_air:

theharithsa
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

I have my MacBook Pro and the Teddy bear that I like to keep while working. This is really a cool challenge though!!!

IMG_1939.jpg

Love more, hate less; Technology for all, together we grow.

Nice set! I thought that bears like honey, but as I see they like "Apple" as well 🍎 😊

MaciejNeumann
Community Team
Community Team

Not the biggest gadget person in the world, but I have a couple of items, that are really helpful 😉 My number one at the moment are noise canceling headphones, that are a real live-saver from time to time. When I've got them, I thought they would only cancel some of the sounds in the train rides or during the flights, but they are a little bit more powerful than I've expected. When neighbors are having a party, I can also cancel all their music that is coming through the walls! This for sure saved me at least a couple of nights of sleep 😁

IMG_20220425_093608.jpg

If you have any questions about the Community, you can contact me at maciej.neumann@dynatrace.com

I have the same headphones 🙂 I can't travel without them!

Fantastic choice of headphones! 😁 I love mine, take them everywhere

I have also the same ones. Great choice!

Certified Dynatrace Master | Alanata a.s., Slovakia, Dynatrace Master Partner

gerald_binder
Dynatrace Enthusiast
Dynatrace Enthusiast

Hm, I worked a long time with Smart Glasses like Hololens, Google Glass, etc. One of my favourite gadgets back then was the Recon Jet. Simply the best looking Smart Glasses of its time. 😉Gerald_ReconJet.jpg

Smart gadget! 😉

And I don't know why, but when I saw a photo of you with Smart glasses that you shared above my first thought was...

comm.png

Mo_Azuz
Dynatrace Mentor
Dynatrace Mentor

I have my Notti "cube" that I use for notifications (outlook, slack, phone, messages...etc) for when I have everything on silent but still want to be alerted immediately. It sits in the middle of my desk so that I can see it all the time. I use it with my phone notifications when it is on silent and away from me. It can be customized and assign a specific color/brightness to a specific app notifications. All done through a mobile app. My friend and I send each other random gifts from time to time for no reason, just to confuse one another (I once received a gigantic hello kitty cookie jar😂), this cube was one of the gifts that I kept on display and not in storage 😊.

Image from iOS (29).jpg

Colors almost like at a party in the club 😎

I would love to see this Hello Kitty jar as well! 😅 :party_cat:

Fin_Ubels
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

I could go on all day about how much I love everything in my home office and the tech I have on my desk but I think my favorite and most recent gadget acquired is my stick blender! Yeah I know the chef challenge was the last one but it works here too! 😝 It makes it so much easier to make nice smooth sauces and its so easy to clean! I absolutely love it!!!

It may be so obvious, but as you said: it makes food preparation and cooking much, much easier! I also use it for all kinds of cream soups 🍲 and fruit cocktails 🍓

Oh yes, of course, the "robot de cuisine"! I feel a Chef sometimes when I work with them!

Antonio Sousa

Can only agree! A blender is an awesome kitchen appliance 🍏🍹

depositphotos_285289960-stock-illustration-boxing-winner-immersion-blender-in.jpg

lplichart
Dynatrace Enthusiast
Dynatrace Enthusiast

I could  name several ones: my apple watch, my jabra earbuds, ... But if I would name one that is helping me so much, it would be by connected vacuum robot!

lplichart_0-1651484832882.jpeg

That's a good tip for those crazy on the "smart home" stuff, thank you! 😄

ChadTurner
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

My Favorite gadget I'd say is our collection of UFOs and our Dynatrace Davis Car integration!

The UFOs are great, at a moments glance we can see the status of everything, Is it green? yeah okay then I can go get some Coffee, Is it red? then I should have gotten an alert and Coffee can wait. 

ChadTurner_2-1651692774240.png

Lastly I love our Dynatrace Davis Integration for your car! 

https://community.dynatrace.com/t5/Dynatrace-tips/Dynatrace-Davis-Power-in-your-Car/m-p/117000#M85

-Chad

Love this picture! You could form a quiz for it: "spot every Dynatrace logo you can see here"! 😅

Mentioning UFO and coffee reminded me of this picture 😉 
coffee.jpg

And about Dynatrace Davis Integration for the car - You ROCK, Chad! 🆒 :cool_doge:

Davis in the car is awesome

Dynatrace Certified Professional

pahofmann
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

I'd say my smart home managed by home assistant. There are so many useful automatons that help every day.

But as it consists of many many gadgets, I'd pick something that helped with augmenting it: My 3D printer(s).

There are also quite a few of them, so I just pick a random one 😉

voron2.4.jpg

Dynatrace Certified Master, AppMon Certified Master - Dynatrace Partner - 360Performance.net

Although we have a 3D printer in the Gdansk lab, my 3D printing experience is limited to a 3D printing pen that actually belongs to my daughter 😃 It's amazing what kind of stuff you can create!

Julius_Loman
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

I was about to write to write about my Garmin Fénix smartwatch, then I realized I have another gadget I like a lot. It a follow-up to the Chef's challenge - my gadget is the KitchenAid mixer with all the cool accessories I use daily in my kitchen. I highly recommend it to everyone with passion for cooking and baking. 

DSC_5126~2.JPG

Certified Dynatrace Master | Alanata a.s., Slovakia, Dynatrace Master Partner

High five for the Garmin Fenix series 🖐 😃

Extra "hands" for work are always handy, especially in the kitchen 😉

techean
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

I love gadgets and keep on checking on the latest updates. Nowadays mobiles and watches have become smart and considered as gadget, but for me gadgets were something which included lots of resistors, transistors, capacitors and the modern tech processor.

I have build my own custom retro gaming console using a raspberry pi board and its my favorite gadget. In my free time, I spent few of my hours on retro gaming, it brings me peace, joy and also helps me increase my concentration.

I am Happy retro gaming 😁

Inspired by below post 

Retro Lite CM4: Handheld Gaming Console - Raspberry Pi Forums

KG

robaxelsen
Dynatrace Helper
Dynatrace Helper

Late answer, but better late than never 😂

Don't know if this counts, but at the moment my new mechanical wrist watch is my new favorite "gadget", to be honest. A Traska Commuter Min Green with date-window. I got into the world of wrist watches during the pandemic, and never looked back 

IMG_20220520_171501.jpg

Other than that, I am quite enjoying my JBL UA "The Rock" headphones, as well as my M1 mac.

Indeed, it's never too late to expand the number of challenge submissions! ‌😎

I hope this watch is counting down for you only good times! 😉 

Thanks 🙏

Featured Posts