Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Take the New Year's Challenge ‌‌‌🎉‌

Michal_Gebacki
Community Team
Community Team

Welcome in our first challenge in 2022!

The new year is a universal and unique event at the same time. In some regions it comes first, in others way later, but eventually every land on the world hits and celebrates this moment. The variety comes when we talk about how this celebration looks!

Share with us pictures or descriptions of the way how you've celebrated the latest new year's start or how do you do this usually. Tell us some surprising facts, showing folklore of your nation or country. Every challenge participant is going to get 100 bonus points and a unique opportunity to have a live session with one of our Product Managers where you can bring any topic you like 😎

Let me start with my latest picture of the sky in a village on a Polish coast, just a minute after 2022 approached 🎆

Screenshot 2022-01-12 at 08.14.03.png

22 REPLIES 22

pahofmann
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Usually it's dinner (Raclette) with friends.

This year we were on vacation over the holidays 🏖 We had a nice view of some fireworks and the night sky afterwards right from our pool:

fireworks.gif

20220101154054_IMG_7372.jpg 

And yummy Thai food is also a good substitution for the Raclette 🙂

Dynatrace Certified Master, AppMon Certified Master - Dynatrace Partner - 360Performance.net

Beginning of the year like in heaven! 😇

Beautiful! 😍

When passion meets people magic and innovation happen.

AntonioSousa
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Here in Portugal we stayed home because of the restrictions. But I'll share one of my favorite places, the Madeira Islands, and there unique new year's firework. Best seen from sea, thousands were onboard to experience it, although some thousands didn't make it there this year (reason).

To check how it was this year, the following video from one of the cruise ships, shows it all: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAYa7xd6xhs

Antonio Sousa

Lovely! 😍

dannemca
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

This year was also different to me and my family. We stay at home, sleeping. I did not remember the last time we did the same...

Covid restrictions was one of the reasons, but also the crazy weather this summer here in Brazil, blocking roads and causing troubles on our parents city, where we normally goes every year.

So this year, it was just me, my wife and my kids, sleeping at home. Then no photos 🤣

But , I do have here a self made gif from one of the most impressive fireworks I ever seen , when I lived in Belo Horizonte, MG, Brazil. This view is from Lagoa da Pampulha.

VID_20130101_001228_1.gif

The reflection on the water makes the view even better. This was on 2013.

Site Reliability Engineer @ Kyndryl

Hope that all of you had colorful and sweet dreams 🦄😊

andre_vdveen
DynaMight Champion
DynaMight Champion

When we stay home in December due to my wife's work, we usually get together with friends and have a braai (almost like a BBQ, only better, lol!) but my wife worked nightshift in the ER, so our kids and I stayed in on New Year's eve, watching movies until 02:00 the next morning. Hence, no pictures from me, as I'm sure no one here wants to see me in my PJs! 🤣
Oh and fireworks are illegal unless you have a permit and a long checklist of safety and security items are in place, so no pictures of that either - the animals are grateful though 😉

Oh, come on, Andre! PJ parties are the best! 🤣

Keep calm and build Community!

PJ! PJ! 😄

Malaik
Champion

Hello All,

i didnt make a big boom
At the start of the year, i changed country and even continent, so there was no time for a big celebration.

good luck to everyone, and many projects.

Sharing Knowledge

All the best to you, @Malaik, as well! 

Good luck to you as well! 🎉😊

ChadTurner
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

Pre-Pandemic, we would typically go to my Father in-laws where he would set off fireworks at midnight. Or we would go to an overlook just prior to midnight where we could watch the entire area celebrate the new year together as they all launch their fireworks at once! 

ChadTurner_0-1643209220746.png

This year we celebrated at home with a bottle of champagne and family! 

-Chad

So European skyline, which city is this? 🤔

This is Bratislava, the capitol of Slovakia.

-Chad

Karolina_Linda
Community Team
Community Team

In my case, since 2013, the New Year celebration looks more or less the same 😉 Guess, why? 🤣

We even have our own "Las Vegas" - our neighborhood is so nicely decorated that it can compete with other shiny places 😃

New Year's EveNew Year's Eve

This kind of light combination is even better than those in original Las Vegas 😄

theharithsa
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

I celebrated new year in a whole new way with Apple products. It was one of my dreams to buy them together. MacBook Pro, iPad Pro and AirPods Pro along with Apple Watch Series 7

Love more, hate less; Technology for all, together we grow.

Thank you for sharing! New, better devices are giving a chance for better performance. Good luck Vishruth! 😊

DanielS
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

I celebrated, having more time to play with them. Here at a Science museum.

IMG_8332.jpg

The true delight is in the finding out rather than in the knowing.

Muchas gracias for sharing, Daniel! 😊

Featured Posts