cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AgataWlodarczyk
Community Team
Community Team

EMOM_August24_banner.jpg

Hello Eric! Shed some light on your life’s journey.

Growing up, I always liked puzzles, board games, and video games. I enjoy competitive games and have a fondness for the puzzle genre, such as the Portal games (or anything that poses a challenge). My parents even ran an internet cafe for a while when I was a kid, which exposed me to technology in general and sparked my curiosity in that field.

I pursued a degree in electronic, electrical, and computer engineering and graduated top of my class, which provided me with a solid foundation for the years to come. My career has taken a few turns along the way. I dipped my toes in the IT world in the mining sector, so you could say I had a rocky start (pun intended). From there, I routed my career (pun #2) into the telecom field, which broadened my perspective on technology and its applications.

As soon as I saw the opportunity to join Dynatrace, I took the chance to dive into the world of observability from zero, and I’ve been assuming the role of service consultant since 2022 for the LATAM team.

Some pictures of me falling while ice skating in Colorado (USA); visiting the Patahuasi Stone Forest near the Colca Canyon and the Basilica Cathedral in Arequipa.Some pictures of me falling while ice skating in Colorado (USA); visiting the Patahuasi Stone Forest near the Colca Canyon and the Basilica Cathedral in Arequipa.

Tell us about your work and what interesting things you’re working on.

As a part of the Services Organization, I play a pivotal role in implementing our platform and driving maturity in observability practices for our customers. A typical day involves collaborating with teams to ensure the deployment and optimization of our monitoring solution, ultimately delivering value to their business operations. 

Recently, I've been working on some industry certifications to broaden my set of skills in different areas. Some of these include the Azure Architect, AWS associate, and Terraform certifications. I’m looking forward to adding to the collection anything that can help me in my career.

What makes you excited about being a part of the Dynatrace?

The platform is undeniably best-in-class in the industry when it comes to observability. The innovation and commitment to excellence here is truly inspiring. On the other hand, I've had the pleasure of working alongside incredibly talented people who not only are amazing in their roles but also contribute to a positive and supportive work environment. However, one of the most crucial aspects is the assurance that my performance correlates with career progression and professional growth opportunities.

A small collection of memorable moments with the LATAM Services team in Lima, Peru and at an exciting event in Orlando.A small collection of memorable moments with the LATAM Services team in Lima, Peru and at an exciting event in Orlando.

What makes Dynatrace Community important to you?

"I feel like the Dynatrace Community is an extension of the documentation. "

It's physically impossible to cover every single use case with just the docs, so having a forum where experts can share their insights and see use cases from their organizations is invaluable. 

People usually say: 'there is someone smarter' or a bigger fish in the sea.' However, the opposite may also be true; maybe you’re the smarter one in this topic, and that’s the beauty of it. So, if I were to advise those who wish to contribute to the community, I would say: “just do it”. At the end of the day, there’s no downvote bottom 🤪

Tell us something about you that most people don’t know. What is your biggest joy or passion in life?

I enjoy simple pleasures like watching series and movies, which help me relax after a busy day. I'm also an avid gamer who enjoys both video and board games—a passion I've had since childhood. Lately, I’ve been having fun playing Satisfactory and Elden Ring. 

Another passion of mine is traveling and hiking. While I haven’t traveled extensively, I've been fortunate to visit destinations like Mexico, various parts of the USA, and China. I have enjoyed all my trips, exploring landscapes and trying different foods. Speaking of which, food is another love of mine; I enjoy cooking, experimenting with new recipes, and trying different foods in general.

However, what makes any of these hobbies or passions special are the people I get to share them with, be it family, my partner, or friends. Gaming together, traveling to new places, hosting cookouts, or dining out, sharing these experiences with others is what makes them meaningful to me.

A couple of pictures of my travels, hikes along beautiful coastlines, checking out some art exhibitions, and showcasing the beauty of Peruvian food.A couple of pictures of my travels, hikes along beautiful coastlines, checking out some art exhibitions, and showcasing the beauty of Peruvian food.

List a few facts we likely didn’t know about you! What's on your bucket list?

I'm always striving to improve my job. I aim not just to perform well but to become an expert in specific fields and constantly expand my knowledge of others. Progressing in my career is my top priority, and I'm committed to taking on new challenges and opportunities to grow. 

On my bucket list, while I can cook, one thing I'm looking to explore is baking. Beyond that, I want to explore more of the world, which includes hiking and traveling. So far, I've had the opportunity to visit ~12 cities around the world – some of which include Denver, San Francisco, New York, Hong Kong, and Cancun, but I want to explore more of LATAM and whatever else is out there.

11 Comments
cesarsaravia
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Congrats @Eric_Yu, well deserved!! 💪🏻💪🏻💪🏻

Esam_Eid
Pro

Congrats @Eric_Yu !

Miguel_RinconG
Dynatrace Advisor
Dynatrace Advisor

Congrats  @Eric_Yu!!!

dannemca
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

You will be more than welcome to LATAM, @Eric_Yu !!! Congrats.

AntonioSousa
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Congrats @Eric_Yu !

DanielS
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Congrats @Eric_Yu Let me know if the wind takes you to Argentina on your travels in LATAM!!!

Mizső
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Congratulation @Eric_Yu !

PedroDeodato
DynaMight Pro
DynaMight Pro

Congrats, @Eric_Yu !!

PierreGutierrez
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Congratulations! My Friend !