cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downloading new Dashboards with Monaco

mouru
Frequent Guest

I'm trying to download all my hand build configurations from Dynatrace with Monaco, but new Dashboards seem to be excluded from the pack. I can manually click on the Download button in the UI but this is not sustainable for CI.

6 REPLIES 6

AntonPineiro
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Hi,

You can see here all APIs supported in Monaco.

I think that API is not supported today. If that is the case, it can be a interesting product idea.

Best regards

❤️ Emacs ❤️ Vim ❤️ Bash ❤️ Perl

Vakho_
Frequent Guest

Hello, 
I might be wrong, but when I tested Monaco with the download flag, it only fetched the dashboards that were created via Monaco. To include your existing dashboards, you can export them and then re-upload them via Monaco. After doing this, using the download flag will display all your custom/created dashboards.

I think it works in the same logic as Terraform when the host was provisioned manually and you need to import it.

mouru
Frequent Guest

Hi,

I definitely can download all my dashboards (classic) with Monaco even when I have build them in browser.

This is not the case with Dashboards v2 or Notebooks, which are newer + might still be WIP.

Hi,

Are you talking about new Dashboards or Classic Dashboards?

I can download all classic dashboards without problem.

Best regards

❤️ Emacs ❤️ Vim ❤️ Bash ❤️ Perl

Hello,

Hmm, that's odd. I tried it, and only the present dashboards were downloaded automatically. I will double-check with the classic one. Seems like I missing something.. 
Thanks for the feedback 

@mouru The new dashboards and notebooks can only be downladed and uploaded with recent Monaco versions and it's still hidden under a feature flag (monaco >=2.14) - MONACO_FEAT_DOCUMENTS. 

Also don't forget to create an OAuth client for that and also include policies for the document service which are not yet in the docs.

Certified Dynatrace Master | Alanata a.s., Slovakia, Dynatrace Master Partner

Featured Posts