cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set default dashboard for environment or users

Axel
Guide

Hello community,

i create two information dashboards for new users that log in into my Dynatrace Environment. Now, i want to set these two dashboards as "default" always, for these users.

In other words, i want to "force" these users to have a dashboard as first choise when they open my Dynatrace environment, always (in this moment, when i enter into my environment, first dashboard is the last dashboard that i saw).

There is a option that i can use?

Thanks and best regards

7 REPLIES 7

pahofmann
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

There is no option like this currently. The dashboard view will always show the last dashboard you had open.

There was a "home" dashbaord a user could set in earlier dynatrace versions, but currently this is feature no longer there. You could open an RFE for such a feature.

Dynatrace Certified Master, AppMon Certified Master - Dynatrace Partner - 360Performance.net

Thank you Patrick, i tried to ask.

Ei I was imagining...

...It would also be nice to force faborite dashboard to users so they can already have a dashboard pinned in the long list of exististing dashboards: are you aware if there is any api call that can do this?

thanks

Omar_Fouda
Dynatrace Helper
Dynatrace Helper

Hi. Thanks for bringing this up.

Something similar is actually in the works and would allow you to set default dashboards per user group

Omar

ChadTurner
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

There is a RFE for that and its marked as planned. Hopefully we hear something at perform about it!: https://community.dynatrace.com/spaces/483/dynatrace-product-ideas/idea/217424/to-assign-a-permissio...

-Chad

Thank you very much Chad!

ben_wrightson
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

You can set a dashboard as home dashboard for a group of users: https://www.dynatrace.com/support/help/shortlink/dashboards-settings#home-dashboards

Featured Posts