cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PRO TIP - Using RSS to be up to date with Dynatrace News

DanielS
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

Personally, I think RSS is one of the greatest inventions of the World Wide Web. A tool that comes in handy in today's saturated sources of information. The main advantage is that you don't have to remember links or go to different sources of information, all the news comes directly to your mobile, tablet or desktop when they are available.

Some people thinks that this icon means wifi available DanielS_0-1653339910250.png

Nooooo!!!!. It's an RSS icon but...

What is RSS?

RSS (RDF Site Summary or Really Simple Syndication) is a web feed that allows users and applications to access updates to websites in a standardized, computer-readable format. Subscribing to RSS feeds can allow a user to keep track of many different websites in a single news aggregator, which constantly monitor sites for new content, removing the need for the user to manually check them. News aggregators (or "RSS readers") can be built into a browser, installed on a PC, or installed on a mobile device.

How to use it?

The :dynaspin: Dynatrace Page :dynaspin:for RSS feeds is https://www.dynatrace.com/news/category/

DanielS_0-1653405887023.png

Here you need to copy the link that is in the boxes and paste it on your favorite news aggregator. Here you have plenty of options NetNewsWire (free and open source for Mac/iOS), Feedly (with options for free and paid for Android, iOS and web) among others. I've used the latter for the example. Each client has different options, fonts, styles and options to  share among others.

After copying it, you can paste on the option to add feeds:

DanielS_1-1653406569176.png

Then you can add it.

DanielS_2-1653406647223.png

and organize them in folders

DanielS_3-1653406694480.png

After doing this, voilà. You have a single point for all your news and it's easy to share or do other things with it.

DanielS_4-1653407051065.png

I hope this helps you as it helped me.

Update 3/3/2023

Well, Dynatrace does it again. Luckily the support for RSS continues and for this reason I make a small update of this PRO TIP.
In the Dynatrace Hub, in some extensions, I happily found the legend "Keep up-to-date with newest realeases" in the versions tab with our beloved RSS icon. From there you directly have the link to subscribe to the feed for those extensions that are of interest to you.

DanielS_2-1677858668926.png

DanielS_1-1677858651664.png

DanielS_3-1677858704850.png

Sources: Wikipedia, Dynatrace.

The true delight is in the finding out rather than in the knowing.
9 REPLIES 9

AntonioSousa
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

I haven't used RSS for a while, but seems I might be using it again 😁

Antonio Sousa

Kenny_Gillette
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

I added to my webex and very nice to know of updates from Dynatrace

Dynatrace Certified Professional

Yes, I have started using RSS again, and keeping more up to date myself!

Antonio Sousa

Great, I didn't know that Webex supports adding RSS feeds, thanks for the update. I've been doing some research and found this for everyone who might use it. Thanks @Kenny_Gillette 

ben_wrightson
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

You can also subscribe to RSS feeds in MS Outlook, which most people probably use anyway: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/subscribe-to-an-rss-feed-73c6e717-7815-4594-98e5-81fa369e...

thanks for showing. Big help here.

Dynatrace Certified Professional

charles_preecs
Participant

Glad to see supported RSS feeds.  I would also like to see feeds for the discussion forums as well as the hub to keep up with new/updated extensions.  I do this using web searches today but a dedicated RSS feed from Dynatrace would be more reliable.

Hi @charles_preecs It was not an RFE but your request was heard somehow, and because of this I made a small update of the article with the news.

Wow, this is great!  Tell everyone thanks!

I also see that you can use this feed to get updates on all extensions:

https://hub-public-api.spine.dynatrace.com/feed/extensions/ 

Featured Posts