Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generic Cisco Device - Error

Hasan
Dynatrace Enthusiast
Dynatrace Enthusiast

Hi Team, 

I have configured Cisco extension 1.12.3 for a device but i am getting below error, Please help on this.

"Failed to assign monitoring configuration to ActiveGate. Reason: GENERIC_ERROR:Status GENERIC_ERROR (27) returned from 1 agents (10.132.67.12: Agent(10.132.67.12): GetBulk returned an error: wrong digest [status code=27]);"

Hasan_0-1716207160173.png

Here is the configuration done.

Hasan_1-1716207220701.png

Hasan_2-1716207246177.png

5 REPLIES 5

PacoPorro
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

Can you check if you have special chars in the password?

Hasan
Dynatrace Enthusiast
Dynatrace Enthusiast

No Special characters in password.

JamesKitson
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

Most likely it's either an incorrect password or incorrect v3 authentication details selected

An example: https://community.cisco.com/t5/network-management/inventory-not-updated/td-p/1601235

I'd suggest trying to use an snmp command line tool to run a test query and you can use that to verify/work out the proper authentication settings your device wants and then you can plug those in to the extension configuration. It will be much quicker than trying to figure it out through updating the config and waiting for errors.

Once you get a manual test working the extension/data source should be able to use those same settings and work as well. If not, it likely merits a support case for review.

Hasan
Dynatrace Enthusiast
Dynatrace Enthusiast

Hi Team 

We are able to see the connectivity sharing the snaps of the same 

Hasan_1-1716295259478.pngHasan_2-1716295282278.png

Now getting below error can you please help me troubleshoot this

Hasan_3-1716295352596.png

That particular timeout error is occurring during the 'fastcheck' which is a very lightweight lookup just to see if that ActiveGate can make a simple SNMP query to that target host.

Similar to before, I'd suggest doing a simple snmp get of that OID showing up in the error using that same authentication and from the ActiveGate you believe should be able to connect. If you are able to demonstrate that, or if you get stuck you would need to work with support to dig into it further.

Featured Posts