cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DSFM Metric 'Active Gate - Communication - Messages - Dropped'

sivart_89
Advisor

I noticed this with the 1.285 ActiveGate release. In looking at the dropped messages I'm seeing we have had several instances where we had a spike in dropped messages. Is anyone aware of what may be causing this? The description of this metric in dynatrace says "Shows how many messages were dropped by an ActiveGate. Indicates data loss!" so its a little concerning if we are possibly losing data.

sivart_89_0-1715438167068.png

3 REPLIES 3

Mohamed_Hamdy
DynaMight Champion
DynaMight Champion

Hi @sivart_89,

are you able to see any connectivity issues for these instances, If the issue persists and you cannot determine the cause, you may want to review the logs of the activegate. and share it with us if you can, Otherwise, you can open a support ticket and include the support archive to the ticket.

Best Regards,

Mohamed

Certified Dynatrace Professional | Certified Dynatrace Services Delivery - Observability & CloudOps | Dynatrace Partner - yourcompass.ca

My team does not have access to the information to see if there are any connectivity issues. I will look into setting up an alert so that I can be notified of this then will submit a ticket to our networking team to look into this next time it occurs.

Thank you Mohamed.

Try to check the other metrics as well, also, you can proceed with opening support the ticket, don't forget to include the support archive

Mohamed_Hamdy_0-1715621115155.png

Certified Dynatrace Professional | Certified Dynatrace Services Delivery - Observability & CloudOps | Dynatrace Partner - yourcompass.ca

Featured Posts