cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finding data on "unmonitored hosts"

daniel_murphy
Newcomer

Getting lots of "Requests to unmonitored hosts: Failure rate increase" problems and need a quick answer on how to identify the hosts not being monitored -- they could be internal to our AWS cloud or could be external servers.

5 REPLIES 5

Joe_Hoffman
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

Dan,

Did you look in the Services Flow diagram view, select the 'unmonitored' entity and on the right there's some information about the selected entity. Be sure to explore the Infrastructure tab on the right, after you've selected an entity on the left.

Let us know if this helps.

daniel_murphy
Newcomer

@Joseph M. H. Hmmm, no service flow diagram on this (type of?) problem? Problems > Problem X > Impacted Service > gets me to a page with Understanding Dependencies and an Analyze Backtrace option but no View Service Flow option.

Joe_Hoffman
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

Dan,

Go to Transactions & Services (left Menu) -> Unmonitored Hosts -> Response Time

Then scroll down and a list of these hosts will be displayed.

Is it possible that there are calls from hosts in one Env to hosts in another Env? Environments separate completely. Another option if there really are calls across Environments to instead use Management Zones, which if you have access to both zones you'll be able to see data across Zones. I'm just not sure this is really what you want however.

Let me know if you find the list of 'unmonitored hosts'.

daniel_murphy
Newcomer
@Joseph M. H.

Feeling intensely stupid. Left-menu > Transactions & Services. Column 2 shows next-level options grouped under headings: State, Scope and Usage, Service Type, Service Technology, Request Attribute and Tags. None of these groups have an "Unmonitored Hosts" option. Nor can I find the version of DynaTrace we're running internally, in case I'm having an "old UI" problem.

Joe_Hoffman
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

When viewing the Transactions & Services screen, on the right side, scroll down thru the list of Services and you should see a row with "Requests to Unmonitored Hosts". Drill into that, then into "Response Time" Infographic.

Let us know.

Featured Posts