cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for APM and Observability 2023 is out

AntonioSousa
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

The new Magic Quadrant from Gartner is out, and no surprise, it's the 13th consecutive year Dynatrace is named a Leader and Positioned Furthest for Vision and Highest in Execution :dynaspin:

I took some minutes to read the report, and it is spot on! We can also learn some quick facts from others, so I would highly recommend downloading your complimentary report at https://www.dynatrace.com/gartner-magic-quadrant-for-application-performance-monitoring-observabilit...

Antonio Sousa
5 REPLIES 5

dannemca
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Funny to see the "Caution":

Hey, they have added a lots of new and cool features to their product, enhancing even more the Observability capabilities to your needs... but you will need to learn a bit more.

🤣

Site Reliability Engineer @ Kyndryl

Hi,

I know people complaining about same 🤐

❤️ Emacs ❤️ Vim ❤️ Bash ❤️ Perl

It was worse in the AppMon -> Dynatrace transition 🤣

But the details they give are really spot on, and when we see that what they say about us is pretty correct, just read some of the others...

Antonio Sousa

I don't know why people see a problem in learning new things. For me it's a big plus if something changes and you can do something in a completely different, more efficient way 🙂

I always wait for an update on my iPhone and check what has changed etc. xD

🤣

Have a nice day!

From the analysis I have read I can confirm the points they are making about Cisco-AppDynamics.

As a bonus the fact that they are mentioning SAP and as a malus the very old way of managing the agent lifecycle (very painful ad limiting if you are coming from a Dynatrace experience)

I didn't quite get if Gartner is also considering the availability of real information useful for implementation (official documentation, help center, community Q&A) but I have to say that in my experience this is also an important factor to consider when you adopt a platform in an enterprise ecosystem: Dynatrace excels also in this, while I have seen other vendors with scarce to no documentation at all. (Example: important fact about SAP monitoring with AppDynamics are distributed between a couple of community threads and official doc, a real nightmare when you need to investigate and understands the how to)

Featured Posts