Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a list of all icons?

Henk_Stobbe1
Visitor

Hello,

I see a new (service) icon:

Is there a list with all icons? (allready looked at barista)

KR Henk

7 REPLIES 7

AntonioSousa
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

This is a simple question, and have looked for it in the past, namely for extension development, but have not found it. Would also be very interested 🙂

Antonio Sousa

fabian_friedl
Dynatrace Promoter
Dynatrace Promoter

Thank you for asking. We maintain a list of public icons on https://barista.dynatrace.com/resources/icons. Not all icons that you see in Dynatrace are publicly available though - so you might not find everything that you are used to seeing in Dynatrace.

We also ship those icons inside the barista-icons package on npm https://www.npmjs.com/package/@dynatrace/barista-icons

Let me know if I can help you in any other way.

Hi Fabian,

Thanks for your reply and for people interested, it is the IBM WebSphere Liberty icon,

KR Henk

@Fabian F.

Is there a usage policy for these icons inside, say, Dynatrace Extensions?

Antonio Sousa

@Antonio S. All icons within the @dynatrace/barista-icons package, which are also the icons you see inside our design system, are licensed with a standard Apache 2 open source license.

Neither of those links take you to an icon library.  The first link takes you to the Barista project Github page and, if the list of icons and names is in there, I can't find it.  The second link takes you to an empty npm package page.

I feel like there should be an easy to find list of all publicly available icons, easy to find, but for the life of me I can't find them anywhere...  Why?  

joseph_bannert
Dynatrace Participant
Dynatrace Participant

Hi Henk_Stobbe1, 

In the case you're trying to workout what a specific icon means you can use "Monitored entities API - GET an entity", you can specify the entity ID for example SERVICE-XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX, then in the JSON response you get something like

"icon": {
  "primaryIconType": "apache-tomcat"
}

which helps understand what it represents.

Regards, Joe.

Featured Posts