cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set up of new tenant for non production

Pranjal16
Visitor

Hi Team,

Currently, we have a tenant in which both Production and Non production components of monitoring applications are configured.

We already have a Test Tenant, and now we have to move all the non production components to that tenant.

So, can you please guide on how can we move forward with the set up of non production tenant? Like, provisioning new non prod servers, active gate installation, Kubernetes clusters setup for non prod, transferring the Synthetic URLs and application frontend configuration from existing tenant to new tenant etc.

Can you please provide a roadmap of setting up a new tenant?

Thanks,
Pranjal

7 REPLIES 7

DanielS
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Hi @Pranjal16  :

1. I've recommend that you follow suggestions of this sub-forum.
  2. I've also suggest you to move the configuration from one tenant to other to use Monaco. 
  3. If you need an ActiveGate in both non prod tenants you can use a Multi Environment AG to re use hardware.
  4. As an alternative method you can move data though the Dynatrace API
  5. Also you can search for a Service Partner to help you with this task, because is not an easy one.

Please let me know if I can help you further.

The true delight is in the finding out rather than in the knowing.

Hi @DanielS 

Thanks for the suggestion, our team is aware that this task is not an easy one. As we are also on learning phase with Dynatrace, so can you please help us with the overview of basic structure of requirements to set up a tenant.

For example, server requirements, active gate for one agent routing and synthetic monitoring, kubernetes cluster set up etc.

Thanks,
Pranjal 

PacoPorro
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

Hi @Pranjal16 
It's not clear for me if you plan to move 

SaaS to SaaS
Managed to Managed
Managed to SaaS

Could you please clarify?

Hi @PacoPorro 

The plan is to move from SaaS to SaaS.

PacoPorro
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

I would recommend to take a look on this 
https://docs.dynatrace.com/managed/shortlink/up-upgrade-execution

Basically:

Step 1 - Prepare
Request the provisioning of Dynatrace environments
Pre-configure new environments
Step 2 - Execute
Migrate configuration
Migrate ActiveGates
Migrate OneAgents
Validate monitoring
Migrate Dynatrace Operator
Migrate Dynatrace extensions
Step 3 - Integrate
Update automation that uses Dynatrace API

I went through the document, but it is related to migrating from managed to SaaS environment right?

And we are planning to transfer our non prod components to another tenant with the same specification's tenant that is SaaS .

Yes @Pranjal16 , it focused in Managed to SaaS, but in your case everything applies, except the change in licensing.

The true delight is in the finding out rather than in the knowing.

Featured Posts