cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

update timing of property data by oneagent

hiroshi_aoki
Dynatrace Organizer
Dynatrace Organizer

we are considering to use Dynatrace for configuration/asset management by using properties of objects like OS/software major and minor versions,buildpack ...etc) and want to know how often such properties are checked and updated.

When a OS/software is upgraded, how long will it take for oneagent to update the correspoing property information?

Recently we applied a new buildpack on a host but os version property of the host was not quickly updated (one day after the upgrade, they confirmed the property was updated but not sure when it was actually updated)

2 REPLIES 2

ChadTurner
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

I have found that Property Updates are fairly quick. Lets say you upgrade software version from 1.0 to 3.0, I have seen these properties updated within 15 mins of the change, but I have found where if we remove a value from the properties (Especially an environment property) it can take up to 48 hours for the values to drop off.

-Chad

Thank you for your comment.

I had the similar result. I tried with custom metrics for a process, after restart the process, it took more than 10 mins to reflect the change of property value.(DT_CUSTOM_PROP). Though around 15mins is OK but wondering why it takes such time...

Featured Posts