for the recorded clickpaths actions I've got this error and after investigating the Website and webserver they are operational normally.
As per execution:
Error code: 1502 - The html element could not be found to perform action
Failure reason: Multiple selectors were not found
Are there any suggestions other than deleting and recording again?
As a solution:
Solved! Go to Solution.
Depending on the application you are looking to monitor the recorded clickpath isn't always perfect. If you continue having trouble I would suggest looking into the CSS selectors and tweaking them to make them more reliable. I find this reference sheet really helpful when trying to create my own selectors: CSS Selectors Reference (w3schools.com)
In the Demo environment you see a similar error, however only one object missing as reason.
If you edit the Event (step) where the failure occurs, you should be able to see the element locators, previously recorded. There you can add, remove and edit the locator elements, and reconfigure the elements as suggested by Fin earlier. Is there also a content validation configured?
It appears in your case that more than one, or any, of the configured elements are missing. This can also occur if a code/page design update has taken place.
Good to check if you end up on the right page too, during playback.
Also check if the recorded clickpath makes sense/is correct. Sometimes unnecessary steps are recorded.
You could also record separately in a new clickpath to test, and compare the configuration outcome.
Can you tell us how you went, @Peter_Youssef ?
Open the last wrong execution and from the result details check if you can find out what exactly it was looking for and what was wrong.
I don't think you need to re-record, if the field is element is dynamic you might face the problem again.
A recorded session is a good starting point, but you may need to tune and tweak it a bit before it become production ready. @Fin_Ubels makes a very good suggestion for this.
I'd first try to see what exactly goes wrong. Of course as last resort you can always redo.
sometimes it will be based on the loading time and what elements are expected to be loaded on the page during the default time, you can try to validate that as well from the analysis, if the selector was captured correctly without any manual edit on CSS, then you can try to validate and add "Amount of time to wait before the next event is triggered" for each event from the synthetic settings whether using clickpath or script mode.