cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synthetic ActiveGates - Add CPU and Memory resources - node size didn't change

kayjayeff
Visitor

We recently added CPU and Memory resources to 3 synthetic AGs to change them from Small to Medium since capacity was around 100%. In the Dynatrace console it still sees 2 of them as Small and one shows as Medium. Do we need to update any configurations in the AG configs to make the console recognize and utilize the new resources ?

thanks.

-k.

6 REPLIES 6

AntonioSousa
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

@kayjayeff,

I believe you have restarted the AG?

Antonio Sousa

Yes sir ... It seems there are configuration settings for setting a percentage of Memory to use, so I would assume that the Synth AG would grab that percentage of memory for its uses after adding the memory to the server

the settings I found are these:
-java.xmx.absolute_part
-java.xmx.relative_part

HannahM
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

You need to reinstall the ActiveGate to pick up the newly added resources.

Synthetic SME and community advocate.

I can't imagine that is the case. Is that 100% true? You cannot adjust the memory settings on the AGs to make the software use more memory?

You can add more memory etc but the ActiveGate only checks for the settings on install so you need to uninstall and reinstall the ActiveGate to pick up the changes. It is usually a very quick process and the only thing you will need to do after that is add the Activegate back into the location it was previously part of.

Synthetic SME and community advocate.

OK, thank you for the information @HannahM 👍

Featured Posts