cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Testing SSO with Synthetic Monitoring

kalle_lahtinen
Advisor

Hi,

Tried searching extensively, but didn't find anything regarding the topic. Would it be possible to generate a synthetic browser monitor or clickpath that's using SSO (e.g. SAML2 or Kerberos ticket)? This would obviously be something that we setup for a private ActiveGate.

What's funny is I found an old note written by myself, saying that SSO synthetic support is on the roadmap for Q2/2020 - but I have no idea anymore where I got that info from 🙂

3 REPLIES 3

ChadTurner
Guru

Im not 100% sure it is fully supported at this moment, but i do know they released the Credential Vault and that might play a big role in SSO for synthetic monitors.

https://www.dynatrace.com/support/help/how-to-use-dynatrace/synthetic-monitoring/general-information...

-Chad

Hi, Private Vault is trully a great feature. But in your posted URL it is written "Certificate credentials are used in HTTP monitors—you can add a client certificate to an HTTP request.". It would be great to use Certificates also for Browser Monitor. We do have a lot of applications where users are authenticated with Client Certificates.

urs_fischer
Guide

Do you know more about this? We also have a lot of Applications using SSO and we think about if it is possible to use Synthetic Browser Monitoring.