cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Active Gate MQ Monitoring Custom Event Filters and MQ Configs

Larry_S
Helper

Hello folks-

I'm back with yet another question regarding Dynatrace Active Gate monitoring of MQSeries. {applause}

Aanyway... Does anyone here have any experience, or link to online documentation, that may help in our configuration of custom event filtering of conditions in MQ (i.e. queue at high depth, channel in retry, message in DLQ, etc.)?

I am feeling that (for message queues) that I have to set the QDPHIEV(ENABLED) to generate an event in MQ?  And...maybe (at the QMgr level) LOCALEV (ENABLED)?  Can anyone confirm this?

I have altered one of the message queues to (what i thought) trigger a Queue Depth High threshold alert (note:  settings on the queue are : QDEPTHHI(80)  & QDPHIEV(ENABLED)) but Dynatrace is not showing this queue (currently at a 96% usage) as an event in the dashboard.  See screenshot.

Dynatrace MQ Queue Depth 2022-02-23 121025.png

What am I doing wrong...or otherwise?

2 REPLIES 2

ChadTurner
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

@MDRAHIM You are the MQ Master!

-Chad

ChadTurner
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

@Larry_S I don't think alerting is out of the box for this, What you will need to do is to access the Metric Events to create an event which would trigger the alert. The easiest route to do this is to formulate the data in the data explorer, then take that code and paste it into the metric selector of the custom alert event. 

ChadTurner_0-1683818527387.png

-Chad

Featured Posts