cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alert if process restarts x number of times within a period

We have identified an issue with some of our applications that they will sometimes restart several times in a short period of time. The application becomes available until the next time some execution causes it to restart again. Is there a way to alert when a process restarts x number of times in a period? I see we can check if x number of processes are available or if the process becomes unavailable. I checked to see if the restart events where available in charting to see if I could create a custom event but I can't locate a metric within there.

5 REPLIES 5

Babar_Qayyum
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Hello @Michael P.

At the moment this option is not available. You can open an RFE to include this feature.

Regards,

Babar

Yosi_Neuman
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Hi @Michael P.

If those restarts are listed in logs can set Custom metrics for Log Monitoring and set custom alert on them

HTH

Yos

dynatrace certificated professional - dynatrace master partner - Matrix Soft Ware Division - Israel

Hi @Yos N. These are Azure app services which currently Dynatrace does not capture the logs.

Hi @Michael P.

So there is no logs 😞 , stand corrected.

Just a naive question for dummies like me that do not know Azure, can those restart be set as Azure alert and retrieve them with setting of metric events for alerting under Azure Monitor?

Yos

dynatrace certificated professional - dynatrace master partner - Matrix Soft Ware Division - Israel

And from glancing over the fresh new blog , its look like logs will be also available for Azure in the near feature.

Featured Posts