cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto-adaptive baseline on Custom Metrics

vasan_kuppusamy
Participant

We have several critical business metrics such as sales, orders data feeding in to Dynatrace as a custom metrics, The idea was to use Auto-adaptive baseline so we don't get too many alerts and at the same we don't want to miss any dip in sales alert as well. We do have data for several weeks(in order to Dynatrace obtain the baseline) , but the alert based on "Auto adaptive baseline" is not firing at all, The reason behind I guess the threshold value is always 0. Is there anything can be done to enable my alerts. Static threshold alert is working fine however we get too many alerts during  off-hours we have less traffic so sales. 

Oct 23rd the dip was last for more than 30 mins and we should have alert but it was not. 

Is there anything to tune to trigger the alerts using auto-adaptive baseline?.

The third pic was my configuration.

Screen Shot 2021-10-25 at 4.45.02 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-10-25 at 4.46.26 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-10-25 at 4.46.06 PM.png

3 REPLIES 3

henk_stobbe
DynaMight Champion
DynaMight Champion

Hello Vasan,

The auto-adaptive baseline is a calculated fixed value, that gets adjusted on a daily bases. 

What you see in your graph is that Dynatrace sets the lower limit to 0 (there are no negative numbers here) and never alerts. The traffic can not go lower than 0.

In other words based on these metrics Dynatrace can not set a useful "lower than" baseline.

What you are looking for is a baseline that is different per day/hour or something like when the traffic drops more than x within a minute etc.

I do not think that capability is available (yes) in Dynatrace, looks like a great RFE!

KR Henk

Thank you.

Featured Posts