cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to disable unwanted conversation messages from the Dynatrace product announcements team

jhem
Advisor

These alerts and popups keep showing up, even to users that are not administrators and have no relation to broad aspects of our Dynatrace environment.

Is it possible to disable these for all users except admin?

5 REPLIES 5

ChadTurner
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

That's Very Interesting, the first time I'm seeing these.

-Chad

Julius_Loman
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

A few months ago, there were even pop up windows promoting webinars. Luckily I haven't seen them again 🙂

The only option is to disable the chat completely, but that's only available for Managed customers.

Certified Dynatrace Master | Alanata a.s., Slovakia, Dynatrace Master Partner

larry_roberts
DynaMight Champion
DynaMight Champion

I don't mind the chat being open to all user and in fact I encourage our multiple Dyantrace end users to use it. Honestly I think that is a big plus that Dynatrace provides to the users unlike many other vendors.

That being said, I do agree that both managed and SaaS should provide the ability for Dynatrace administrators to select who does and does not have access to this.

I have not seen the popup windows recently, but I do agree those too should have the option for a Dynatrace administrator to control. Both managed and SaaS are paid for services and both should come with the same options around administrator controls on this such as this.

Just my 2 cents 😉

AntonioSousa
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

I agree there should be some sort of control over who has access to the chat functionality. I have been using it for several months, and while I can guarantee that they are very good, it also seems it might become clogged if most people start using it, instead of getting adequate training...

Antonio Sousa

Vankog
Newcomer

Erica is literally spamming me with the same "University" message over and over again. Every few minutes...

Featured Posts