cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How are you populating Dynatrace tags with ServiceNow tags?

larry_roberts
DynaMight Champion
DynaMight Champion

Greetings everyone! 🙂

We have both Dynatrace SaaS and ServiceNow (ITSM, ITOM, etc.) and have the new Service Graph Connector for Observability installed and configured in a test environment. Currently we are attempting to figure out the best approach to our tagging between ServiceNow and Dynatrace.

I would be very curious to hear how all of you are using the new ServiceNow Service Graph Connector for Observability. Are any of you tagging Dynatrace entities based on either the ServiceNow Business App ID or the Application Services ID using the new Connector?

If so, what method are you using and at which point of the deployment process are you using it?

I imagine from talking to others that within ServiceNow you could create a script to extract all CI's and then update Dynatrace through the API for all related entities, but this seems like it could be really hit or miss. Just curious as to others' experience in this area. What have you found that are pros and cons to different approaches?

Thanks! :thankyou:

2 REPLIES 2

ChadTurner
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

I hope you make some progress with this @larry_roberts. I'm sure you will share with us what you come up with! Looking forward to how this issue gets solved. 

-Chad

The sound of crickets is making me think I might be on new ground here lol - Just my luck! 😂

Featured Posts