cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AWS Fargate web application display error

JB
Helper

Hello, 

We are facing an scenario where the client has their application in AWS Fargate, everything is fine, we are monitoring the application and the api services, but in Dynatrace is not showing anything as web application, what we see is as web request service. Btw they are using a ALB to redirect the url, we also see the balancer in the smartscape as a single process, no unify with the app and apis of aws.

We need to have the web application showing in Dynatrace to start monitoring the user experience.

Do you have any idea how to solve this issue?

Thanks.

Regards,

Johanna

3 REPLIES 3

DanielS
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Hello @JB when you use AWS Fargate, only the applicationMonitoring deployment without the CSI driver is supported. I'm assuming they have a web server running inside this pods, my guess is that in this mode OneAgent is not injecting the JS tags on the pages of your webserver inside this container. So my recommendation is to create an Agentless Real User Monitoring and inject the JS tags in your web server pages to be able to monitor user experience. Please let me know how it goes.

The true delight is in the finding out rather than in the knowing.

JB
Helper

Thank you very much for the explanation. This was the solution!!

gurugogi
Participant

@JB  Hi,
Please can you tell me Out of 3 deployment options which approach you have used, particularly out of Buildtime and runtime which approach is better and what advantages it has. 

Thanks

Featured Posts