Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Take the Cartoon Challenge! ‌📺‌

Michal_Gebacki
Community Team
Community Team
Welcome back, Dynatrace Community!
Nothing makes our monthly Community Challenges as entartaining as nostalgia! This time we're encouraging you to go back in time and share your favorite cartoons from your childhood, or in other words - your youth.

Share in the comments below any title that comes to your mind. Don't worry, "cartoon" is just a theme. Feel free to mention regular series or other television productions as well - the more, the better!
Benefits of taking Community Challenges!
👉 Every participant receives a unique "Cartoon Badge"
👉 You will also get +100 bonus points for extra activity
👉 Engage with others and have fun!
August 2024 1.png
32 REPLIES 32

GosiaMurawska
Community Team
Community Team

I love this challenge!
Basically, every cartoon available on cable TV in the late 90s and early 2000s...

Heathcliff and the Catillac Cats

2. Pokemon
3. Pinky and the Brain
4. Tom&Jerry (silly fact: Being 5, I thought that "Tom&Jerry" is the Cat's name and was upset that I don't know the name of the Mouse)
5. Sailor Moon
6. Super Pig
7. Inspector Gadget

I still remember the intros lyrics 😄

Esam_Eid
Pro

most of the time I wasted watching this 😄 😄 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0Q2otsqC4I 

Did you know that there are only 25 classic Tom & Jerry episodes that were displayed in a widescreen CinemaScope from the 1950s? Enjoy a compilation filled with some of the best moments from these full screen episodes! Catch up with Tom & Jerry as they chase each other, avoid Spike, and play with

Mike_L
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

Growing up in Sweden my favorite cartoon as a child was Bamse. It's about the nicest and strongest beer in the world and his adventures with the fastest rabbit in the world and the smartest turtle.

Other than that, once I moved to the Netherlands I learnt a lot of Dutch from reading Donald Ducks.

Mike

dannemca
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

In TV, my childhood was spent watching cartoons like:

- Tom & Jerry

- Woody Woodpecker

- Bugs Bunny (and friends)

There are others, of course, but these are the core. Tom & Jerry is by far the favorite. The soundtrack is perfection.

For comic books, as Brazilian, I really love "Turma da Monica". My parents purchased the subscription every year, and I just followed the tradition with my kids now.

Since I don't like the way they make cartoons today, I use the streaming services to let my kids watch the same old cartoons as I did at their age. Maybe I am too old to enjoy current cartoons, or the old ones are really the best.

Site Reliability Engineer @ Kyndryl

Yosi_Neuman
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Very nostalgic challenge 👴  

Yosi_Neuman_0-1723577791799.png

The Flintstones ‏

Yosi_Neuman_1-1723577852213.png

The Lost Islands 

Yosi_Neuman_2-1723578108876.png

Time tunnel 

dynatrace certificated professional - dynatrace master partner - Matrix Soft Ware Division - Israel

dcarballo
Participant

Great challenge.

Just now came mi mind:

• He-Man
  • Dragon Ball
  • The Simpsons
  • X-Files
  • Sailor Moon 
  •  

And a long etc.

Dynatrace apprentice

AntonioSousa
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

This challenge has led to some introspection on my side 🤔 As I was writing my replies, I started figuring out that some of my favorite cartoons might have conditioned my future life... 🤣

My favorite cartoons are from, well, a long time ago...

1. Bip Bip
    BTW, the roadrunner is a real bird: https://blog.nature.org/2021/12/01/roadrunner-meet-the-real-bird-behind-the-cartoon/
  2. Speedy Gonzales
    Having lived near the Spanish border, I did see a lot of Spanish television. And Speedy Gonzalez was clearly my favorite Spanish talking cartoon... Ándale! Ándale! Arriba! Arriba! Yeehaw!
  3. Scooby-Doo and Scrappy-Doo
    Was a great fan of Scooby-Doo's nephew, and how he got to the root cause of mysteries in surprising ways! Puppy power! :cool_doge:
  4. Pink Panther
    Yes, I would hum the Pink Panther tune over and over again! Many years later I rediscovered it as one of my now favorite Salsa songs:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLN6MC01Ueo
Antonio Sousa

p_devulapalli
Advisor

Interesting !!

First thing I use to watch right after I'm back from my school 😁

SwatKatsseason2.jpg

My weekend favorites , it use to air on Sundays only 😎

He Man.jpg

Jungle-Book-Opening.jpg

Phani Devulapalli | Dynatrace Certified Professional

PedroSantos
Participant

Oh man, my inner geek is coming out with this one.

Childhood cartoons... let's see...

• The first one has to be Dragon Ball.

•  
      HD-wallpaper-dragon-ball-z-fun-anime-entertainment.jpg
    • Created by Akira Toriyama, who passed away in March this year, this show was huge in Portugal. And I mean huge, as in, the entire country would stop to watch Dragon Ball. Classes were interrupted, recess was extended, Universities rebuilt class schedules around this, I even remember my dad complaining about having to delay work meetings because of Dragon Ball (until he too started watching it). And then later there was the famous Abridged Version, a fan made dub that was hilarious. I highly recommend it to anyone that knows DragonBall, it's on youtube.
  • Pokémon

• PedroSantos_3-1723626156128.jpeg
    • This was one of the first and most significant western takes on the japanese anime genre. A young boy's coming of age story in a world at war which reflects his growth in the face of immense responsibility he did not ask for and was not prepared to handle.  This one is a masterpiece of story telling.
      • Honorable mention to Uncle Iroh for being one of the best advice-providing characters in the worldt85BcXa9WPLxvaZp7pz89pSpa4iDSs_00abQp19aaN8.gif

• Naruto
  • 215600.gif
  • There's a reason why Naruto is one of the three most successful anime franchises coming Japan. Great story telling, memorable characters, etc. To me as a child, what stood out the most and immediately grabbed my attention was one particular innovation: Naruto was terrible at everything, and that made him relatable to me 😅. We were all used to other heroes like Goku who was the strongest fighter, Superman who was the strongest man alive fighting for justice, etc. Naruto had one job: To be a ninja. And he was terrible at it! Skipped classes, pulled pranks on teachers, etc. all for attention. The story is about his growth as a person and his strive to gain the respect and admiration of his peers despite initially being hated by everyone.

• Death Note
    147392.gif
  • I discovered Death Note later, during my last teenager years. It was important because it broke the stigma that anime and cartoons was exclusively for children. This one is a true story-telling masterpiece and to this day remains one of the (if not the) best police/criminal thrillers I have ever watched. Death Note answers one question nobody knew they wanted the answer for: How do you catch a serial killer who wields the power to assassinate by writing names on a notebook? In fact, how do you even prove this person and notebook exist in the first place? Unlike other police dramas, you know who the killer is from the start. Which could've been a buzzkill but isn't once you realize they give that information up so they can tell the story from both sides, with completely unexpected plot twists that keep you on your toes.

Honorable mentions: Doraemon, Ninja Hatori, Beyblade, Medabots, One Piece, Bleach.

JoseRomero
Dynatrace Advisor
Dynatrace Advisor

Woohoo, a topic that brings back so many good memories! These shows had me on the edge of my seat during my childhood and adolescence, and even now when I watch them again, they still hold a special place in my heart:

1. Naruto and Naruto Shippuden: These series were some of the most significant ones during my childhood and university years.

2. Super Robot Red Baron (in Latin America, "El Barón Rojo"): This comedic and action-packed mecha anime aired very early in the morning, so we had to wake up early to catch it. It was worth every early morning!

3. Power Rangers Series: From Power Rangers in Space to Wild Force, these series were a staple of my childhood. The adventures and battles of the Rangers were always thrilling to watch.

4. Gundam Series: Gundam 0079, Gundam Z, and Gundam ZZ were other mecha series that I enjoyed during my adolescence. The epic battles and intricate plots were captivating.

5. The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes: This series had a fabulous opening theme and exciting episodes that brought the Marvel superheroes to life in a fantastic way.

And of course, there were many others like:

• Pokémon
  • Saint Seiya ("Caballeros del Zodiaco")
  • Zoids
  • yu gi oh
  • ben 10
  • dragon ball

These shows are a big part of my nostalgia and continue to bring joy whenever I rewatch them. 😊

marina_pollehn
Champion

I just had a good laugh because of this topic. As @JoseRomero just said - many good memories! Little disclaimer here - I was born in 1997 :D. 

marina_pollehn_0-1723642932477.jpeg 

Me and my childhood best friend loved Blues Clues. At some point we even drew our own Blues Clues-based comic book which we really wanted to send to the show production but I think we didn't dare doing that in the end :D.

marina_pollehn_13-1723643476072.png

I almost got named after the guy on the right (Lukas) but turned out I was a girl :D. 

marina_pollehn_7-1723643295370.jpeg 
And this one we watched so often that my dad is now able to still recite every Team Rocket rhyme ever. Once you get him started, the speech goes on for a minute. 

A Dynatrace Professional nerd working for Conclusion Xforce

AntonPineiro
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

I would like to make a "short" list:

• Looney Tunes (1930).

AntonPineiro_0-1723645124791.png

• The Flintstones (1960).

AntonPineiro_1-1723645160999.png

• Popeye the Sailor (1960).

AntonPineiro_2-1723645188537.png

• Dash Kappei (1981).

AntonPineiro_3-1723645218282.png

• D'Artacan y los tres mosqueperros (1981).

AntonPineiro_4-1723645242807.png

• The Smurfs (1981).

AntonPineiro_5-1723645268480.png

• Captain Tsubasa (1983).

AntonPineiro_6-1723645305844.png

• Seinto Seiya (1986).

AntonPineiro_7-1723645319051.png

• Dragon Ball (1986).

AntonPineiro_8-1723645332774.png

• Dragon Ball (1989).

AntonPineiro_9-1723645342688.png

• The Simpsons (1989).

AntonPineiro_10-1723645383115.png

• Dinosaurs (1991).

AntonPineiro_11-1723645407210.png

• Batman: The Animated Series (1992).

AntonPineiro_12-1723645439073.png

• X-Men (1992).

AntonPineiro_13-1723645464859.png

• Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (1993).

AntonPineiro_0-1723645769609.png

• Spider-Man: The Animated Series (1994).

AntonPineiro_14-1723645497715.png

• South Park (1997).

AntonPineiro_15-1723645550266.png

• One Piece (1999).

AntonPineiro_16-1723645572523.png

• Futurama (1999).

AntonPineiro_17-1723645594404.png

❤️ Emacs ❤️ Vim ❤️ Bash ❤️ Perl

Miguel_RinconG
Dynatrace Advisor
Dynatrace Advisor

the best nostalgic challenge

• beakman's world
  • dragon ball and dragon ball z
  • SAINT SEIYA: Knights of the Zodiac
  • Thundercats 
  • El Pidio valdez
  • One Piece (1999 - ∞)

Kenny_Gillette
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

Gees, trying to show how old I am?  No Star Wars cartoons 😞

SuperFriends

Kenny_Gillette_0-1723665554541.png

Tom and Jerry

Kenny_Gillette_1-1723665585670.png

Popeye

Kenny_Gillette_2-1723665612939.png

Bugs Bunny

Kenny_Gillette_3-1723665636316.png

Scooby Doo

Kenny_Gillette_4-1723665669215.png

SpiderMan

Kenny_Gillette_5-1723665816986.png

GI Joe

Kenny_Gillette_6-1723665834509.png

Transformers

Kenny_Gillette_7-1723665909927.png

That list is big enough 🙂

Dynatrace Certified Professional

Eric_Yu
Dynatrace Mentor
Dynatrace Mentor

A trip down memory lane 📺 My list: 

• Spongebob Squarepants
  • Pokémon: Indigo League
  • Courage the Cowardly Dog
  • Codename: Kids Next Door
  • Scooby-Doo

Eric_Yu_0-1723669027157.jpeg

Eric Yu | LATAM ACE Consultant

Abidyaseen
Participant

Shaka Laka Boom Boom
Vikral aur Gabraal
Shaktimaan
Hatim

Abidyaseen_0-1723711816719.jpeg

These shows are an unforgettable part of the childhood memories for many 90's Indian kids! From the magical pencil in Shaka Laka Boom Boom to Shaktimaan as the first Indian superhero, the eerie adventures in Vikral aur Gabraal, and the epic fantasy in Hatim, each one was iconic in its own way. They captured the imagination of an entire generation and are still cherished today. Every 90's Indian kid can relate!

Esam_Eid
Pro

most of the time I wasted watching this 😄 😄 

Due to the YouTube policy, various contents of this channel are no longer available on YouTube. By clicking on the link below, you can enjoy about 4,000 contents, including videos that were previously serviced in this channel.(10 language subtitles Support) ☞Android app Link:https://url.kr/f1cphw

Shirai
Helper

When I was a child in the 1970s, the TV animation "Tom and Jerry" was broadcast in Japan. I loved the show and watched it often. There were many scenes in the show where Jerry secretly ate cheese. The cheese was a type of cheese that was not seen in Japan at the time, so it remains in my memory.

Shirai_0-1723798706391.png

I think that most Japanese people would imagine this cheese when they hear "Tom and Jerry cheese."

T.Shirai IIM Corp. Osaka Japan

Mohamed_Hamdy
DynaMight Champion
DynaMight Champion
  • Plawres Sanshiro

Mohamed_Hamdy_0-1723880349305.jpeg

• Captain Tsubasa
  • Anpanman
  • Slam Dunk
  • Batman: The Animated Series 1992–1995
  • Scooby Doo 1978
Certified Dynatrace Professional | Certified Dynatrace Services Delivery - Observability & CloudOps | Dynatrace Partner - yourcompass.ca

Patrick_H
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

For me it was "Grisu, der kleine Drache" (Grisu, the little dragon) -  a tiny fire-spitting Dragon who's dream it was to become a firefighter.

iOS help: https://www.dynatrace.com/support/help/shortlink/ios-hub

kuncarlos
Dynatrace Helper
Dynatrace Helper

What a trip down memory lane! Most of my favorites have already been named here. I can  maybe add 1.kuncarlos_0-1724050541284.png

Also known as Ken, Le Survivant. ( if you grew up in Belgium -TF1). Ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta!!

WHomES

AurelienGravier
DynaMight Champion
DynaMight Champion

Funny,

Without hesitation, my favorite cartoon was Olive & Tom 😍

The field was curved, the ball was oval, and it took nearly half of the episode to reach the opponent's goal.

AurelienGravier_2-1724063508296.png

I also loved "the Fresh Prince of Bel Air" : 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKGHNx00SXQ

Observability consultant - Dynatrace Associate/Pro/Services certified
SHOW: The Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air PLOT: Things take a hilarious turn when an inner-city teenager from Philadelphia is sent to live with his wealthy aunt and uncle at their Bel-Air mansion. RELEASE: September 10, 1990 - May 20, 1996 SUBSCRIBE for more TV Trailers here: https://bit.ly/2rgxfot ...

RazTN7
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

My list goes on.. so have to collage it.

RazTN7_0-1724073905966.pngRazTN7_1-1724073931205.png

Have a nice day!

lazaroyadrian_p
Organizer

Capeta
Initial d

PedroDeodato
DynaMight Pro
DynaMight Pro

One of the classics, but was certainly the cartoon that marked me the most:

PedroDeodato_0-1724174328354.jpeg

As a kid I also liked these quite a lot:

PedroDeodato_1-1724174376267.png

PedroDeodato_2-1724174397076.jpeg

And obviously, since I can remember I am a fan of the Disney universe:

PedroDeodato_3-1724174457729.jpeg

One of the greatest moments of my childhood was when this universe joined ventures with another one that I also loved: Final Fantasy!

I know that it is outside the scope of Cartoon (since they're actually video games) but they envolve both "cartoon" universes so well that I believe they deserve a mention: Kingdom Hearts!

PedroDeodato_7-1724174604487.png

PedroDeodato_8-1724174646872.jpeg

Best regards, Pedro Deodato

Malaik
DynaMight Champion
DynaMight Champion

Oupss

Hi all, this put as long back away.

1- Tom and Jerry for sure.

2- Dragon Ball Z.

3- Olive & Tom.

and some others.

Sharing Knowledge

Larry_McCann
Participant

Underdog
Bugs Bunny
School House Rock
Hong Kong Phooey
Super Friends

We watched cartoons Saturday morning until we were kicked out of the house.

DanielS
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Great!!!

DanielS_0-1724281753168.jpeg

DanielS_7-1724282034679.png

DanielS_8-1724282115834.png

DanielS_9-1724282311907.png

The true delight is in the finding out rather than in the knowing.

Mizső
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

My favourite ones are the Once upon a time... educational series from my childhood:

Once upon a time...Man (Il était une fois… l'homme) - About history Bing Videos

Mizs_0-1724304486989.jpeg

Once upon a time...Life (Il était une fois… la Vie) - About human body. Bing Videos

Mizs_1-1724304535354.jpeg

More seasons: Explorers, Space, Earth...

Dynatrace Community RockStar 2024, Certified Dynatrace Professional

jaume_reverte
Dynatrace Advisor
Dynatrace Advisor

I enjoyed a lot of cartoons when I was little... 

Here is a short list of the most watched ones. Some are from Catalonia, and some are international ones:

1. Little Einsteins: Was a cartoon to teach kids about classical music 
  2. Una mà de contes (A hand of tales): This was a program where they adapted classical child tales, drawing them by hand, which was very beautiful. 
  3. MÄR: It was one of the first animes I ever watched, and I love it. It's pretty underrated and not that famous. 

Of course, I watched the most typical cartoons like Dragon Ball, Naruto, Inuyasha. Hope you find some interesting, they look old now lol 

Magda_Zarek
Dynatrace Organizer
Dynatrace Organizer

My favourite cartoons used to be "Braceface", "6teen" and "GirlStuff BoyStuff". 

Magda_Zarek_0-1724317977931.jpeg

Magda_Zarek_8-1724318337208.jpeg

Magda_Zarek_1-1724318110271.jpeg

I was also very fond of such series as Lizzie McGuire, Hannah Montana and Wizards of Waverly place. 

Magda_Zarek_10-1724318403110.jpeg

Magda_Zarek_6-1724318265108.jpeg

Magda_Zarek_11-1724318435334.jpeg

I also enjoyed watching "Tonde Būrin" (in Polish it was called "Super świnka" which translates to "Super pig", does anybody remember this cartoon?), "Sailor Moon" and "DragonBall". 

Magda_Zarek_12-1724318652725.jpeg

Magda_Zarek_13-1724318688410.jpeg

Magda_Zarek_14-1724318742393.jpeg

g_kat
Helper

The holy trinity of my Saturday cartoon shows was this:

• Pokemon
  • Yu-Gi-Oh
  • Looney Tunes

There were ofc a lot of others, most already mentioned.

But, I will only make a honorable mention to the show with the sickest opening theme ever:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awxKPdqLHGE

The full version of Saber Rider and the Star Sheriffs theme with "home made" alternate intro. (Finally here is the translated japanese opening: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnmFc67IxiQ) ( Here is an other one with the japanese opening theme and Death Note: ...

Featured Posts