Showing results forΒ 
ShowΒ Β onlyΒ  | Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Take the Guru Challenge!β€Œβ€Œ πŸ“’β€Œ

Michal_Gebacki
Community Team
Community Team

The "Guru" badgeThe "Guru" badge

Well, the latest "Gamer Challenge"'s popularity beat all our expectations, and yet the activity in the comments refuses to slow down! But life goes on and... It's time for the brand new Community Challenge! Share the names of people who were important to you on your journey, made a huge impact, or simply inspired you over the years. How did they help? Are they famous, or rather silent, local heroes? Or maybe there's a guru in your own family?

Don't hesitate to feature the names of their books, lectures, etc! For every participant, we've prepared a solid pack of prizes. You'll receive a unique "Guru" badge that you'll see in the Community profile next month, as well as 100 bonus points!

Don't forget to go back to this thread regularly in the upcoming month to update your list of role models and essential sources of knowledge that may be a tipping point for your career... Or beyond πŸ‘€!

41 REPLIES 41

Mike_L
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

While there are a lot of people that has helped me both personally and professionally over the years, I'm going with the one person who influenced me the most out of everyone, my mom.

My parents separated when I was 3 years old, and while they had split custody of me and my older sister, I was always drawn to stay more with my mom. She worked as a nurse initially, but later took the step to start her own company, traveling all over the world to give lectures about Dementia.

She has since retired, but my entrepreneur spirit and drive to help people whenever I can undoubtably comes from her and all that she did for myself and my sister.

kerstin.jpg

Mike

Thanks a lot for sharing this story, Mike πŸ’œ This is a wonderful inspiration.

Keep calm and build Community!

ChadTurner
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

Years ago a family friend got me into Computers. As a young child we built 4 boxes, it was these afternoon builds afterschool that really sent me into the technology field.  

In terms of Dynatrace, my Wife and @andreas_grabner have inspired, motivated and pushed me to develop unique solutions, use cases and methods inside of Dynatrace. If it wasn't for their support, I don't think I would be so involved with Dynatrace and the Community. I will be forever thankful for their support and the support of all the great Dynatrace Associates and customers I have met over the years as each and every single person has played a role in where I am today. 

In the Dynatrace Community, @Karolina_Linda  was very influential in my community activity. I remember back when I  started in the community at my first Dynatrace Organization. Looking for solutions to unique problems to which at times I couldn't find written solutions. Karolina drove me to not only solve these problems but then formulate documentation on it for the rest of the community. My first 'how to'  in the community was the documentation on how to set up the Dynatrace UFO for customers who were managed. My documentation was the first for Managed Customers which was the spark that propelled me to where I am now in the Community, all thanks to Karolina and her efforts. Over the years she has developed an amazing team of Community Administrators all of which I have interacted in some fashion. 

My Wife, @andreas_grabner and @Karolina_Linda thank you for your inspiration and motivation which has propelled me to where I am today. I will forever be grateful and cherish our friendship! 

-Chad

Ohhh, thank you Chad for your kind words! :awww:

You've been the Community team's motivation throughout all these years! I'm grateful for having such a helping hand in the times when there was no Community team, always providing feedback, catching issues faster than the lightening, and simply being supportive πŸ™Œ

I'm also very grateful for the friendship we've built! πŸ₯‚

Keep calm and build Community!

cesarsaravia
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

I am over 30 years old and I really know that I have a long way to go, to learn, know, and trip on. I started my journey in IT at 17/18 years old when I was a student, but the public person who had most influenced me and I learned a lot from his biography was Steve Jobs. I remember his presentations like the first iPhone, after time I viewed the presentation of the first iPod, and it was amazing the form this person share a story, the revolutionary of the industry.
Then I learned from his book and videos about his biography and every time I deeping into his history I always learn something new.
I think Steve Jobs, Steve Wozniak, and Bill Gates were the top of the IT industry since the 70s/80s and they marked the pathway to a new generation.

-CΓ©sar S. - LATAM Solutions Architect

Yosi_Neuman
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

As a child I read Leon Uris's Battle Cry , the powerful descriptions of turning young people from different backgrounds into a unit of combat soldiers and continuing "see" them struggling on battlefields, gave me a different perspective on how to overcome obstacles and reaching goals in my life.

10 yeas ago, while I was already a senior systems analyst in information systems department of a large insurance company,  I met, in the elevator, one of our business client, he looked at me and said: "Listen Yosi, you must reinvent yourself" punched me on my shoulder and left the elevator. I was stunned for few moments, but in next few weeks I thought about this sentence again and again. Then I realized that I really have nothing more to contribute in the field of systems analysis .... A year or so after this evaluator conversion, I found myself starting from scratch to learn a different angle of IT, this time it was monitoring ......

dynatrace certificated professional - dynatrace master partner - Matrix Soft Ware Division - Israel

AntonioSousa
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

An interesting challenge indeed! Because there have been so many Guru's in my life! And that's the problem: naming one or a few, seems so injust for the remaining!

Anyway, probably the one that I cite the most is the President of the Institution,  at the time where I started my first real professional job. He's not amongst us anymore, but he really pushed us/me to some great realizations some 30 years ago! Besides being President of that Institution, he was very good technically. So we were doing remote working in 1995, not only at home but anywhere in the country with GSM. We were also already experimenting with "paperless office" at the time... And we were taking networking to it's limit, and guess what? The main tools that were helping me achieve that, were monitoring/observability tools of the time. No kidding!

His name was Fernando Mendes.

Antonio Sousa

AntonPineiro
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

A little controversial these days, but I should remember Mr. Richard Stallman and free software movement started decades back. It has allowed me to think and seeing things from a different angle.

Thank you for freedom to learn new things, studying what is happening behind the scenes and sharing knowledge with others.

❀️ Emacs ❀️ Vim ❀️ Bash ❀️ Perl

This is a very good highlight! The open-source movement is really a great inspiration in the last 3 decades!

Antonio Sousa

AurelienGravier
DynaMight Pro
DynaMight Pro

Throughout my professional journey, several individuals have inspired me and helped me become who I am today. Even though they might remain anonymous to you, I will mention them as they have been colleagues, mentors, and sometimes even friends to me:

• Hassan and Clement (managers) taught me not to underestimate myself and to highlight my work.
  • Pascal (CTO) taught me not to let myself be walked over.
  • Guillaume made me dream with his pre-sales vision, his technical expertise, and imparted an effective work methodology to me.

I hope to someday contribute as much as I have received.

Observability consultant - Dynatrace Associate/Pro/Services certified

DanielS
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

A great challenge this month. I do not have a reference in capital letters, but throughout my life I have learned many things from a large number of people with whom I have been related, even from those who are not a role model I have learned the value of some things that we take for granted.
I am honestly very grateful to the entire Dynatrace community, all the community team, my fellow Dynamights, the Dynatrace team, all the active members of the community. From all of them I learn different things every day and I am not referring to the content but to values such as perseverance, drive to face challenges, team spirit, recognition among many other values. I am very proud to be part of this group of people from whom I acquire new values.
On a personal level, I agree that children are a constant source of learning. As well as many values that my parents gave me. I can't imagine that I would be the person I am without their dedication and effort.
And of course, I would also like to add, as a fan of reading, all the positive things that books can bring.

The true delight is in the finding out rather than in the knowing.

natanael_mendes
Champion

The people who made a big impact on my journey were my family (Mom) and my mentors, bosses. My mother always trusted and believed in every professional decision I made, even if she was afraid that I would get into trouble she always believed in me and gave me all the support I needed, so in my list of people who inspire me she comes number 1, she worked harder than anyone I know. I love you mom and thank you for everything

Second comes my  3 mentors. When I was 19 years old and entering this market, with little vision, my mentors saw potential in me and gave me all the tools I needed to develop as a professional, they taught me lessons that no college could, a few months ago I got my professional certification, something that seemed so far away when I started, I just have to thank my team and those who bet on me and believed and say that you were right

NOTHING RESISTS HARD WORK.
The next step is master and Dynamight certification, and I hope to meet and be inspired by my fellow forum members.

and of course inspire many people in the future

Dynatrace Professional Certified

Ana_Kuzmenchuk
Community Team
Community Team

I'm a huge believer in every person entering our lives for a reason, so I'm grateful to everyone who's only briefly crossed paths with me, walked along for some time, or keeps me company on my journey to this day πŸ˜Š

But if I has to highlight one person who made the biggest impact on my life, I would have to go with my Dad. He taught me to be curious, to question everything, be bold, and brave, and true to myself, to love books and history and know their worth, and to smile even when it seems like it's the end of the world. But most importantly, he taught me what true Humanity is.

The struggle always brings truth about people to the surface, and the war in my country made me reevaluate a lot of relationships, but not the one with my family πŸ’› It was so easy to just give up and spiral into fear or depression, but instead he chose to focus on helping people. He's volunteering since day one, and us (my sister, my mom and me) were never more proud of him! 

A "clipping" from the local newspaper about his initiativeA "clipping" from the local newspaper about his initiativeA "tiny" army of trench stoves (they stopped at 1000!) he and other volunteers made last year.A "tiny" army of trench stoves (they stopped at 1000!) he and other volunteers made last year.

And on the happier side of things, my dad at his favorite's band concert πŸ¦‚

IMG_1193.jpg

He also taught me a thing or two about good music πŸ˜‰

The only constant is change. Finding ways for great things to happen!

Lovely words, congrats to every great Dad!!!

The true delight is in the finding out rather than in the knowing.

In terms of Dynatrace my former coach @JR_Peperkamp, who answered a lot of my Dynatrace question (especially during the first months),dragged me into the Dynatrace rabbit hole and became a good friend (yea I hope he feels the same :D).

Also, @henk_stobbe (our mighty DynaMight) and @michiel_otten (former community member of the month) who almost always know the solution and help out wherever they can within the team - even if its not for their own customer or credits.

And lastly, @nils_stellhorn, my very first 'coachee' whom I was allowed to teach Dynatrace to from the very first minute onwards (well okay I'll admit we also shook hands before), kept challenging me with questions and who can stand more than perfectly well on his own feet now - and even solves my RegEx problems.

A Dynatrace Professional nerd working for Conclusion Xforce

Hi!,

Throughout my life, my mum has been an unwavering source of support, guidance, and inspiration, playing a crucial role in helping me achieve my goals. Her influence can be traced back to my earliest days, as she nurtured my curiosity and encouraged me to explore the world around me. In my formative years, my mum was my first teacher, instilling in me the values of hard work, determination, and resilience. She recognized my strengths and weaknesses, gently pushing me to embrace challenges and learn from setbacks.

Nowadays my career is moving on because of my colleague Sebastian Krystosik (@skrystosik) who showed me that every successful person should be constantly developing to achieve goals. He gave me a helping hand when I looking for a job and now he is supporting me to become a better employee and Dynatrace Guru πŸ˜„

"The lions does not ally with the coyotes"

Thx nice words πŸ™‚ I missed that post before 

Regards, Sebastian

Malaik
DynaMight Champion
DynaMight Champion

Hello Team,

The most important and valuable person is Mohamed SAW.

But after that a lot of people in my life: my Grand parent.

Have a good day.

BRs,

Sharing Knowledge

Iplinsky
Advisor

Before beginning my graduation, I had decided that I would pursue my childhood love, technology. So, every step in my life was aimed at realizing that dream. A few months into my studies, I noticed there were many subdivisions, so I took some time to study and become familiar with some of them that had caught my attention. After this "sabbatical period," I realized what I truly wanted, and then some companie really believed in my abilities and taught me all the necessary steps. They turned me into who I am today, probably one of the youngest certified to achieve professional certification at just 20 years old. This opportunity has taken my career to a new level, and I am deeply passionate about the Dynatrace platform and the community. None of this would have been possible if my mentors didn't believe in me. I am truly thankful for everything, especially @natanael.

Dynatrace Certified

we made it boy, proud of you

Dynatrace Professional Certified

henk_stobbe
DynaMight Champion
DynaMight Champion

Hello All,

Lets keep it very short. My Guru, and for me still the king of Appmon (-;  

Andreas Grabner!

Still creating great online content, in which he always explains everything clear and understandable. I think it is a combination of teaching, story telling and passion. He is always exploring one topic at the time, at a  very precise level so you understand it.  Giving you enough knowledge to  start using it yourself and  explore further.    

So for me, if there was a Dynatrace hall of Fame.........

KR Henk

abhijay_ranjan1
Dynatrace Promoter
Dynatrace Promoter

My Guru, who introduced me to the incredible platform Dynatrace approximately 6 years ago, illuminated the path not only for me but also for countless others with his inspiring approach and unwavering enthusiasm.

I would like to nominate Ibrahim, Mohammed as the "GURU" 
He is helping everyone to learn, explore our potentials and reach to the new heights. 

Under his guidance, our team has flourished, amassing nearly a hundred adept Dynatrace consultants from India. Collaborating with him has not only been professionally enriching but has also led many to regard him as their revered "GURU," sought after for invaluable career counsel.

dannemca
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

I don't have any specific Guru in my life... what I have the most are 'anti-gurus', if we could call them like this, lol.

I learn with their mistakes, and try to avoid their steps to be successful.

I do have lot's of people that inspired me doing the right thing, but I definitely learn lot more with those which failed.

Please don't see this as a bad thing (or pessimist). Failures are part of the system, and I think I learn way more with them.

I do learn with the people which receive lots of lemons from life.

Site Reliability Engineer @ Kyndryl

That's definitely a way to learn πŸ˜… cheers to all the anti-gurus out there! I'm a huge fan of being just as honest about your failures, as about your victories. Let people around you learn from yours and make their own!

The only constant is change. Finding ways for great things to happen!

radek_jasinski
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Hi,

From a young age, I was fascinated by maritime transport, perhaps because my father is a sailor. The person who served as a role model for me was Captain Karol Olgierd Borchardt. Captain Borchardt was known for his exemplary leadership and extensive experience in the maritime industry. He not only instilled in me a deep appreciation for the sea but also inspired me to pursue my dreams.

Thanks to his influence, I initially set my sights on becoming a seafarer, but the birth of my son prompted a change in my career path. I decided to shift my focus to the world of Information Technology (IT), which had always been my second passion. This transition allowed me to be closer to home and avoid the long periods of absence associated with a maritime career.

In the field of IT, one of my guiding lights has been Ivan Alexander Getting. Ivan Getting is renowned for his significant contributions, including the invention of the Global Positioning System (GPS). His groundbreaking work in GPS technology has revolutionized navigation and positioning worldwide, demonstrating the immense impact that one individual can have on technology and society.

As for my current role model, I won't reveal their identity, but I've come to understand that sometimes we don't have to look far to find inspiration. This individual holds a special place in my life, reminding me that meaningful role models can be found in those closest to us, guiding us on our journey through life.

Radek

Have a nice day!

RazTN7
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

My Ideal person whom I call GURU is "Mr.Rakesh" who shaped me during my childhood (My school teacher - Mathematician).

"Mrs.Anita (College professor) who understood my capabilities and bring out my stage fear.

In profession my Guru is Andreas Grabner whom I admire the most. Still lots of learnings from his content.

Cheers!

RN

Have a nice day!

jarinmusarrat
Dynatrace Guide
Dynatrace Guide

For me it would definitely be my parents, for all the hard work and sacrifice they made for me is something I would always be indebted to. They are also both teachers so they are also the one who taught me the basics before I started school as a kid. We had a big combined family with aunts, uncles and grandparents but they set a good example for me how to not only maintain work life but also family. 

Mohamed_Hamdy
DynaMight Champion
DynaMight Champion

Each journey in my life has its own experience and Gurus that I have met, and definitely, my parents and my wife are at the top of the list as they are always the source of support.

as for my Dynatrace journey, I would like to thank my colleagues, and community members, and special thanks to my Dynatrace role model @thomas_brandl

Certified Dynatrace Professional | Certified Dynatrace Services Delivery - Observability & CloudOps | Dynatrace Partner - yourcompass.ca

islam_zidan
Champion

For my personal life, My mother was my guru that pushed me through my educational life and in collage, also supported my hobbies and interest in IT world.

In Dynatrace world, i always see @ahmedej as a Dynatrace hero, his support and encouragement since 2015 made me eager to go deeper into Dynatrace world. Also the rocking star @thomas_brandl who doesn't hesitate to provide any help at any time.

Dynatrace Certified Professional - Dynatrace Partner - Yourcompass.ca

Thanks for the kind words, Islam! Working with you is always inspiring and enjoyable 😊

kuncarlos
Dynatrace Helper
Dynatrace Helper

Lots of people have come and gone in my life, and many have made a big difference to my journey. Some have even inspired me. I've got to give a shout out to @miro_subasic , who is a great mentor and a top-notch leader when I first started at my current job. And I can't forget the impact of books and talks from folks like Brian Tracy, The Dalai Lama, and Khalil Gibran. I try to read every day, and it's amazing how many different people, from all sorts of backgrounds, can give you a fresh perspective or a bit of inspiration.

WHomES

miro_subasic
Dynatrace Enthusiast
Dynatrace Enthusiast

Thank you Koen for the kind words. Really happy and glad to have on our team

Kenny_Gillette
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

From a Dynatrace perspective: @andreas_grabner @andreas_grabner  @andreas_grabner 

He has inspired me and so many in this community.  Starting with his podcasts to all the other videos he does.  He is a great communicator and looks like a natural.  

Dynatrace Certified Professional

ricuevas
Observer

For me is Linus Torvalds 

Linus.png

ricuevas_0-1693946689320.png

On August 25, 1991, he sent the historical email to comp.os.minix asking the community members about the features they’d like to see implemented in his OS.

His vision of collaboration, open source, and community is what makes him a great person and they are some of the things that I admire.

> yes Guru god level. Any doubt?
IT Master | dynatrace Certified professional | SRE Certified | Scrum Certified | Azure Certified | https://www.linkedin.com/in/rodrigocuevas/

Oh my: "it probably never will support anything other than AT-harddisks" 🀣

Antonio Sousa

gilgi
DynaMight Champion
DynaMight Champion

There is no doubt everyone around us can be our Guru's. Regardless of what we may think, we don't know everything, and that's why I try to learn from everyone around me. That being said, I can definitely name a few that have been (and some are still) playing an important role model to me.

I'll start with my parents. Their ability to put a side all difficulties and enjoy life, insist on moving forward, despite all obstacles, insisting on being independant have thought me not to give up on anything. My father's experience in business management taught me how to be a manager and how to make clear and rational decisions.

There was also my first CEO, who taught me how to deal with software products and how to speak to customers and show values. 

There are many more and some of them you may know, but I would love to take the opportunity and give a big kudos to a friend of mine, a Dynamight himself, who is my guru in his eagerness to learn all the time, in his commitment to customers and yet his commitment to his family, and this is @Yosi_Neuman . So big Kudos to you Yos. When I'll grow up, I want to be like you πŸ™‚

I'm speech less ...... 

in-love-in-love-emoji-meme.gif

dynatrace certificated professional - dynatrace master partner - Matrix Soft Ware Division - Israel

Yosi, full respect πŸ˜Ž

Have a nice day!

Taylor-Sanchez
Dynatrace Advisor
Dynatrace Advisor

There's definitely a countless amount of individuals who've inspired me along my journey, and no amount of words can express my gratitude to them for how far I've come. With that being said, there are few and far between who have stuck out, the most prominent being my uncle. 

My Uncle: When I was younger, I had a fairly large interest in fantasy books and technology. My uncle took notice of this and continuously gave me gifts that would help nurture these interests, and continuously encouraged me to follow these goals to create things. Through a combination of imagination and science, he was able to show me that anything was possible - even if it is outside of the realms of what most people believe. We created video games, engineered things out of Legos, and so much more. To this day, much of what he's not only taught me, but been involved in has allowed me to not be afraid of my own creativity, and to embrace different ways of thinking to not only challenge myself, but help others. 

Dynatrace ACE Services Consultant

Patrick_H
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

I think its great if you have someone to look up to and there are important people in all of our lives - but I do not want to post some "Guru" here. I think it is far more important to try to be the best version of yourself, as this will help all of us the most.

iOS help: https://www.dynatrace.com/support/help/shortlink/ios-hub

gbaudart
Champion

I would say that the most important person who made me the man I am is my wife ^^
However, if I had to name anyone in my professional life, it would be my business partner πŸ™‚

Observability consultant - Dynatrace Associate Certified

Featured Posts