cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Take the Home Office Challenge!

laima_vainina
Inactive

Hello, Dynatrace Community!

We know we have Community members across the world. In each country the situation can be a bit different, but most of you are forced to stay at home right now and completely transform your daily routine. Turning your home into your office is tricky, as it can be challenging to separate work and personal life when they're both happening in the same place. We hope everyone managed to organize a dedicated and comfortable spot to continue the work.

The Task:
For those of you who are stuck at home here is the new challenge: Share a picture of your home office! We are very curious to see what challenges you are facing.

The Award:
Everyone that will post in this forum thread a picture with his new working conditions will receive 120 reputation points!

Below you can see my freshly adjusted workstation. Can’t wait to see yours! 🙂

rsz_224187-community-moderator-laima_1.jpg

Stay positive, fight the flus and the blues, and stay focused on the things that truly matter. Take care of yourself and others!

93 REPLIES 93

cheers from Gdansk, Poland! 🙂

Keep calm and build Community!

morella_urbina
Newcomer

I had to re-purpose my home office for a family member, so now my living room table serves as an extra-large desk! Plenty of space for what I need...

looks like we both enjoy being in the center of family life 😄 since two weeks, my family is not able to eat a diner all together, as half of the table is occupied by my working stuff 😉

#meToo

That's why I had to extend the table by additional removable parts. I think I have never had such a long table 🙂

Senior Product Manager,
Dynatrace Managed expert

Christian_Pirng
Dynatrace Promoter
Dynatrace Promoter

Shared workspace - guess who's the owner! 🙂

you have a swing, a slide and a ball pit ... I guess the owner is: you?! 😉

and: I totally envy you for that stuff! 🙂

that's so cool! and I won't show it to my kids by no means 😛

pahofmann
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

The setup for my homeoffice was decent already. A Jabra headset was a good addition for the many zoom calls though.

Next task on the list is to adapt the smart home to be aware of me being in homeoffice, so the robot vacuum doesn't start its journey during meetings 🙂

Dynatrace Certified Master, AppMon Certified Master - Dynatrace Partner - 360Performance.net

Radu
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

That is a sick screen setup you've got!

I had the same previously. Vertical screen is very cool for apps ending with "k" : Outlook, Slack, Facebook... 😄

Senior Product Manager,
Dynatrace Managed expert

Outlook is one of the few apps I miss on linux. Haven't found a good alternative that works well with exchange and looks decent.

Dynatrace Certified Master, AppMon Certified Master - Dynatrace Partner - 360Performance.net

Outlook webapp ?

Senior Product Manager,
Dynatrace Managed expert

I'm using that currently. Unfortunately we don't have the latest exchange so the experience isn't that great either.

I'm also using web outlook and I find it pretty decent to use, actually.
only thing that I'm spinning up my Windows VM for is creating powerpoint slidesets.

I know some people who are using evolution, but I tried it and never really liked it.

some time ago I also wanted to try crossover office, but never really got it working on my arch-based system, so I got back to the web apps.

Yes, the newer version of Outlook Web Access are Pretty OK.

Besides Powerpoint I only use my windows VM to create Teams Meetings as that is only possible in the outlook rich client as well.

pahofmann
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Is that a rubik's cube in dynatrace colors? 🙂

Exactly. I got this as a present from Dynatrace on my first working day here 🙂

shouldn't it be solved by now, then? 😉

Matt_Bernard
Dynatrace Helper
Dynatrace Helper

Pretty nice workplace but still two parasitic kids playing with Visual Resolution Path replay 🙂

przemyslaw_witk
Dynatracer
Dynatracer

My workspace looks sometimes like this 🙂

IMHO best! You won!

Senior Product Manager,
Dynatrace Managed expert

Agree to @Radoslaw S. Looks like you have very supportive team 😄

DanielS
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

No better place than Home.

The true delight is in the finding out rather than in the knowing.

Love your hat 🙂

Featured Posts