Are you ready for another Community Challenge?
After a long day of work, coding, and monitoring systems, everyone needs a little break from time to time. The best way to do this is by smiling and getting a quick boost of endorphins. And how can we make each other smile? By telling a good joke!
This challenge is all about sharing your favorite IT-related jokes (memes are good too!). Each user that will give others some laughs will receive 50 reputation points and the joke that will be the most liked at the end of the challenge will get bonus 150 points.
Sounds good? Go search your memes folders, write the best joke you’ve heard from your colleagues next at the coffee break, and share it with us in the comments below.
And a bonus joke:
Wife sends her programmer husband grocery shopping
She tells him:
“I need butter, sugar and cooking oil. Also, get a loaf of bread and if they have eggs, get 6.”
The husband returns with the butter, sugar and cooking oil, as well as 6 loaves of bread.
The wife asks: “Why the hell did you get 6 loaves of bread?”
To which the husband replies: “They had eggs.”
Shorts, but cheesy:
- Where do developers like to go out?
- To Foo Bar!
- Why developers used to wear glasses?
- Because they don't C#
And I'll finish with a mem:
"Google before you tweet. Think before you speak."
Four engineers get into a car. The car doesn't start!
The driver, a Mechanical engineer says: "It's the starter".
The Electrical engineer says immediately afterwards: "No, it's a dead battery".
Another passenger, a Chemical engineer says: "It's the fuel quality. We need to drain the tank and refill".
After a long pause, the other passenger. an IT engineer says: "I have an idea: maybe, we all get out of the car and get back in?".
HR: What if we train staff & they leave?
Manager: What if we don't & they never leave?
When you don't want to join a zoom meeting, but you have to, name yourselves "Connecting..."
When you don't want to answer a tough one in a meeting, say "Will take this offline" & if same thing happens in one-to-one, say "Raise it in right forum"
1. I’ve got a really good UDP joke to tell you, but I don’t know if you’ll get it.
2. I was dressed up as a UDP packet for the Halloween. I don’t think anyone got it, but I couldn’t tell.
3. The worst thing about a broadcast joke is that you have to tell it to everyone in order to find the one person who gets it.
1. Why do programmers always mix up Halloween and Christmas?
Because Oct 31 equals Dec 25.
2. How many prolog programmers does it take to change a light bulb?
3. A quote one of my college lecturers used to say a lot: "generation of random numbers is too important of an issue to be left to chance."
1. 3 Database Admins walked into a NoSQL bar. A little later, they walked out because they couldn’t find a table.
2.A database professional walks into a bar
And joins two tables.
1. A user interface is like a joke - if you have to explain it, it's not that good
2. Where's the best place to hide a body?
Page two of Google search.
and for a dessert https://www.explainxkcd.com/wiki/index.php/1989:_IMHO