Showing results forΒ 
ShowΒ Β onlyΒ  | Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Take the Power of Chill Challenge! β€ŒπŸ™β€Œ

Michal_Gebacki
Community Team
Community Team

The "Chillout" badgeThe "Chillout" badge

Hello, Community! This time, we're returning to after-hours themes, encouraging you to build our unique list of the best ways of achieving relaxation! Share your own methods and places to relax and calm your nerves down.

Share what works for you. Maybe a walk in the forest? A long bath? Or a sauna session? Reading your favorite book while lying on the couch? Or a solid workout in the gym? The range of options is endless!

Don't forget that every participant receives a unique "Chillout" badge. You'll see in your Community profile next month, as well as 100 bonus points!

Kicking off the challenge, I would share my own effective method to chill my mind and reset for a while. When I'm visiting the Polish coast, I love sunny weekend walks in GdaΕ„sk's BrzeΕΊno Pier, and while in Silesia, the best way to relax is a day off in the Beskid Mountains 😎

GdaΕ„sk (left) + Mount Ε»ar (right)GdaΕ„sk (left) + Mount Ε»ar (right)

44 REPLIES 44

PacoPorro
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

My mind thinking about that slow pedal, going uphill, I can't think of anything else but getting to the next curve, to the next tree.
When I finish, the effort turns into inner peace.

PacoPorro_0-1710251032492.jpeg

Mike_L
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

Taking long walks with the dog, as well as relaxing in the pool are my two top ways of disconnecting for a while.

Mike

ChadTurner
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

Saunas are always nice. There is a really cool place in Slovakia that has a ton of Saunas that I absolutely love visiting when we are over there. 

While in the states, I like working on my vehicle,  spending time with family and just unplugging and unwinding. 

-Chad

cesarsaravia
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

I have three options when I want to disconnect of work.

1. Sauna + massage
  2. Pool
  3. Beach

Those are my activities or favorite places when I want to relax and disconnect from the work.

-CΓ©sar S. - LATAM Solutions Architect

AntonPineiro
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Beach + sun + swimming + sound of the sea :take_my_money:

❀️ Emacs ❀️ Vim ❀️ Bash ❀️ Perl

Miguel_RinconG
Dynatrace Advisor
Dynatrace Advisor

I swim or run in the morning, some time play video games at night.

AntonioSousa
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Music, mainly Salsa & Southern Rock.

In the weekends, there is nothing better than a Siesta. If you don't know what a Siesta is, check it out πŸ˜‚ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siesta

Finally, I love gardening, and a nice exercise too

Antonio Sousa

Taylor-Sanchez
Dynatrace Advisor
Dynatrace Advisor

One of my favorite things to do when I unwind (and that I've always particularly done when I was younger) is to play music. I love just taking a couple of moments here and there through the day, and even after to work - to pick up my guitar, or sit next to my piano and just learn a new song or compose something. It really gets me in a flow state where nothing in the world matters but the sounds I create. πŸŽΆ

Dynatrace ACE Services Consultant

and nothing else matters...

Antonio Sousa

RazTN7
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

Booze πŸ₯ƒ 🍺 with friend's & endless humorous talk.

Have a nice day!

Mohamed_Hamdy
DynaMight Champion
DynaMight Champion

long walking, and drinking coffee and tea at my favorite cafΓ© in Cairo.

Certified Dynatrace Professional | Certified Dynatrace Services Delivery - Observability & CloudOps | Dynatrace Partner - yourcompass.ca

Shirai
Helper

I go to the mountainsβ›° with instant ramen noodles🍜 and a small stove in my backpack. When you reach the top of the mountain, you will cook ramen on the stove you brought and eat it while looking at the beautiful scenery. It's a very relaxing time for me.πŸ˜€

Shirai_0-1710315263897.png

T.Shirai IIM Corp. Osaka Japan

dcarballo
Participant

A walk listening to power metal.
A cable car ride listening to power metal.
A metal concert is the best way to relax πŸ€˜

Dynatrace apprentice

I can relate to this!!

Site Reliability Engineer @ Kyndryl

Josh_P
Observer

Hike in the PNW, spend time with my dogs and read the classics. 

4F4F423B-A19F-4D46-A190-937C4B1D30B1.JPG

"Be excellent to each other" - Abraham Lincoln, San Dimas High School, c.1989

Patrick_H
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

For me best way to relax is sports. Either going for a run on my own with some music in my ears or practicing Taekwondo helps me to get my thoughts away from stressful events. And sometimes its just resting on the couch with music plugged into my ears to un-plug from the world around me. Also Sauna is a great way to relax for me, but just not available every time...

iOS help: https://www.dynatrace.com/support/help/shortlink/ios-hub

Playing basketball  πŸ€— It's great way to forget about work, problems and be healthier πŸ˜„

422560461_17903438633934142_3846617262608839131_n.jpg

Source: https://www.facebook.com/SPEEDsportBykiWolomin 

 

"The lions does not ally with the coyotes"

gbaudart
Champion

Hi,

I have 2 main ways of clearing my mind.
Either I go for a ride on my motorcycle, or I play tennis.

Observability consultant - Dynatrace Associate Certified

I love to play tennis also

Dynatrace Certified Professional

Malaik
DynaMight Champion
DynaMight Champion

Long Walking.

Swimming.

Depending on the mood, I choose one of the 2.

Sharing Knowledge

Karolina_Linda
Community Team
Community Team

For me, in short, it's being disconnected from the virtual world πŸ“±πŸ’» So my best methods for chilling out are running (at the seaside or in the woods), gardening, and spending quality time with my kids, be it board games, painting, or playing with their pets πŸ’🐹 

Keep calm and build Community!

IzabelaRokita
Community Team
Community Team

My favorite way of resting when the weather is "alright" (it doesn't have to be perfect; also rain doesn't bother me much - my biggest enemy is the wind, and GdaΕ„sk is definitely a windy place to live!) is taking long walks with my podcasts on. πŸ—£ Walking as long as I'm getting tired, then taking a break for some coffee/tea/beverage and then continuing on walking. Nothing resets my mind, eyes (no screens finally!), and body better!

malmo.jpeg   copenhagen.jpeg 

Photos taken from my last Malmo & Copenhagen trip

Supplement this walk with a hot bath and chilling on the acupressure mat afterward, and you'll feel fantastic! πŸ˜‰ 

DanielS
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

For me it works:

1. Reading
  2. Spending great time with my kids.
  3. Fix things or playing manual puzzles (I have a little collection)
  4. Listen relax music.
  5. Playing computer games.
  6. Biking or walking with friends or partner.
The true delight is in the finding out rather than in the knowing.

Eric_Yu
Dynatrace Advisor
Dynatrace Advisor

It really depends on the mood, sometimes is nice to sit and play some videogames or watch a movie. But when a want to completely disconnect I'd go hiking and take some pictures.

Eric_Yu_0-1710867777749.jpegEric_Yu_1-1710867836209.jpg

Taken from my last attempt to escape reality.

Eric Yu

theharithsa
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

My way of relaxing is something conventional. I do 2 things, I take time to myself and not speak to anyone for a day and then I play with my puppy. These 2 are the most refreshing. However, If I cannot take a day off then I like to speak to my best friend and spend time with her by teaching stuff about technology. πŸ˜‰

Love more, hate less; Technology for all, together we grow.

Magda_Zarek
Dynatrace Organizer
Dynatrace Organizer

Although I don't do it very often, I find watercolour painting very relaxing. Below you can see one of my first attempts at it. I also enjoy baking (again I don't do it too often), watching TV shows or reading books. Depends on the mood πŸ˜„

Magda_Zarek_0-1711017515445.png

MaciejNeumann
Community Team
Community Team

As a pretty anxious person, usually when answering the question: "How do you relax?" my answer is: "I don't, I'm stressed all the time" πŸ˜…

But lately, step-by-step, I'm getting better at it, and these are the things that are helping:

• having a cat (obviously)
  • reading
  • listening to podcasts/music
  • videogame called "PowerWash Simulator" (yes, really, can't recommend it enough)
  • long walks
  • yoga (I had more time for it during the COVID days, but this helped a lot)
  • tea with ginger, cinnamon, raspberry and orange
  • puzzles and board games
If you have any questions about the Community, you can contact me at maciej.neumann@dynatrace.com

dannemca
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

I have kids, and sorry (not sorry) to be frank, I do only relax when they are not close. I am a dad, and dads wants to protect their kids anytime, so if I relax, they may break something (or themselves).

So I do relax when I am riding my bike ...

a1bf732024072022234812_thumb-transformed-01.jpeg

... and when I am listening to some heavy/deep metal song

Site Reliability Engineer @ Kyndryl

@dannemca ,I totally understand about the kids, it's the same in my house πŸ˜…
And when I ride my bike, it's such a great way to clear my head, to be alone on the road πŸ˜ƒ

Observability consultant - Dynatrace Associate Certified

natanael_mendes
Champion

Gym is the best place to chill and think!!!

Dynatrace Professional Certified

MonikaBalogh
Dynatrace Advisor
Dynatrace Advisor

Listening to my kids bickering. I know,... On a serious note, though, spending time with my family without any digital distractions. A good old-fashioned boot camp workout in my local park getting all muddy or snowy depending on the weather.

Skiing because I am a flat lander and learned as a grownup. Learning the crawl swimming style. Basically learning a new sport as a grown up takes all my concentration. I also like hang out in Budapest and in our shared garden. 

img_9965_720.jpg img_0045_720.jpg 

img_9974_720.jpg img_0081_720.jpg

  

radek_jasinski
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Hi,

Until now, the best way for me to get away from reality has been road cycling and motorcycling. However, recently a friend has infected me with enduro cycling. My wife no longer even asks where I'm going out at the weekend because she knows I'll be sitting in the woods, digging up new trails with my mates and riding them.

IMG_1838 Duży.jpegIMG_1839 Duży.jpegIMG_1840 Duży.jpeg
I highly recommend it! Especially the combination of enduro and trail building. Super fun😍

Radek

Have a nice day!

AurelienGravier
DynaMight Pro
DynaMight Pro

Nothing beats a good fishing session in the middle of nowhere !

249196078_4363153543732961_9166174667980168305_n (2).jpg

Observability consultant - Dynatrace Associate/Pro/Services certified

Man, I am jealous

Abidyaseen
Participant

When I want to unwind and relax, my go-to activity is playing cricket. It helps me clear my mind and rejuvenate my body.

dglugla
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

My way of spending a free time is mostly focused around airshows, planes and airports. But it's not only about looking at the planes, their majesty or power, and what the pilots can do with them. I combine is with my second passion - photography, to achieve results like this:

78ad4ee2-be6e-5bdc-92b1-a4ede94fbe89_w_1440.jpg2933fa36-09e1-5943-88b9-4bf5a15a4b1f_w_1440.jpg

If you'd like to read more please spend some time on reading this article (in Polish): https://www.pb.pl/najtrudniej-upolowac-samolot-wojskowy-1208941

Empower Enterprise Apps and Services monitoring in Dynatrace

rgarzon1
Mentor

for me it's about have a play session with my son i It's what I always look forward to when I finish work, or the weekends arrive. being able to play video games with my child or go out to eat somewhere new. the days that we cant play are just a simple day for read, or that i use to program or test something i saw.   

in this Quarter we have play and enjoy (fortnite, rocket league, hacknet, palworld, hollownight, warzone, ghostrunner, and many short cozy games of puzzles) 

fuelled by coffee and curiosity. β˜•οŒŽ

Kenny_Gillette
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

My Unwinding/relaxing are:

1.) Fishing

2.) Disc Golf

3.) Tennis

4.) Working out

5.) Video games

6.) Watching a movie/TV show with family

7.) Playing a card/board game with family

kuncarlos
Dynatrace Helper
Dynatrace Helper

Nice, welcome to Spain! πŸ‡ͺπŸ‡Έ :dynaspin:

❀️ Emacs ❀️ Vim ❀️ Bash ❀️ Perl

@kuncarlos,

Looks calm in the photo, but you do also play with the sound of the wind there, no?

Antonio Sousa

@AntonioSousa  Yes, Tarifa has a lot of wind, but this is on the top of the dunes and there are a lot of trees, so you can easily cover behind a dune or some trees, or let the sound of the wind hypnotize. This is one of my favourite spots to come and relax πŸ™‚ 

WHomES

PierreGutierrez
Dynatrace Advisor
Dynatrace Advisor

I like to go to the gym, to de-stress.
But I also really like walking to see new places, or climbing mountains, especially mountains with snow.

The experience of doing extreme sports alone feels great, I share one of my last trips

PierreGutierrez_0-1712245626536.jpeg    PierreGutierrez_1-1712245645759.jpeg PierreGutierrez_2-1712245650047.jpeg 

Pierre Gutierrez - LATAM ACE Consultant - Loving Cats! Loving Technology !

On a weekly basis, a DIY project. Some level of achievement outside of work is very healthy for me to have, especially when it is something I craft with my hands. Usually I take something old and "upcycle" it or give it the color I like.

Lately I got some plant pots but the color was off for my apartment, so I sprayed them in a bronze color. A bright red bathroom bin I turned black and I have now sanded an old balcony bar and two chairs and coated them with two layers of oil. Next one is spraying blue suede heels which I got second hand black - let's see how that goes :).

Benefits:

- I can listen to music during

- Can buy second hand and save a lot of money

- Can recycle and do not need to buy new things

- Can brag about something which has nothing to do with work πŸ˜„

- When my mind is tired its the perfect method to also get my body tired

Wallet made from leftover leatherWallet made from leftover leather   Balcony bar with the view of Utrecht, The NetherlandsBalcony bar with the view of Utrecht, The Netherlands

A Dynatrace Professional nerd working for Conclusion Xforce

Featured Posts