Showing results forΒ 
ShowΒ Β onlyΒ  | Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Take the Spooky Challenge β€ŒπŸ‘»β€Œ

Michal_Gebacki
Community Team
Community Team
Welcome back, Dynatrace Community!
We're posting this Community Challenge exactly in the middle of October. It means the well known in many countries Halloween is right around the corner! You do not necessarily have to celebrate it, we're using it just as a pretext for an interesting theme πŸ˜Ž

Share spooky legends or stories from your country or culture! It can be a tale or urban legend, just like a story or film. Only rule - it needs to be spooky! Let's explore what scares people around the globe! 
Benefits of taking Community Challenges!
πŸ‘‰ Every participant receives a unique "Spooky Badge"
πŸ‘‰ You will also get +100 bonus points for extra activity
πŸ‘‰ Engage with others and have fun!
October 2024 1.png
13 REPLIES 13

Mike_L
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

This is one I heard a couple of times in Sweden:

My daughter woke me up at ten past twelve last night. My wife and I had picked her up from her little friend Sally's birthday party, gone home and put her to bed. My wife went to bed while I dozed off in front of a football game.

"Daddy," she whispered and tugged on my shirt sleeve. β€œGuess how old I am.”

β€œI don't know, honey. How old are you?”, I answered and put on my glasses.

She smiled and held up four fingers.

It is now half past eight in the morning. Me, my wife and our daughter have been awake for almost eight hours. But she still refuses to tell us where she got them from.
Mike

victoria
Participant

I heard a story once... about a production environment... with no observability!!! πŸ˜±

WOW! This is really spooky!

Antonio Sousa

Malaik
DynaMight Champion
DynaMight Champion

Nice one

Sharing Knowledge

Malaik
DynaMight Champion
DynaMight Champion

Hi,

When I was young, in our old building, the elevator was OOS mode, and the legend says that there is someone leaving inside the elevator.

so, It was a challenge everyday to climb the stairs as the elevator and stairs share the same area.

But now, Im a real man and I climb without scaring:jack_o_lantern:

Sharing Knowledge

Hello Dears, 

Unfortunately,😊 I've never confronted such scenarios or stories 😎, but always glad 😍to communicate with Dynatrace community members πŸ€— to learn and familiarize myself with new conceptsπŸ€” πŸ˜‰.

KR,

Peter

Kenny_Gillette
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

Longstreet Theater (University of South Carolina – where I went to college)

Formerly a civil war hospital, this theater is located on the University of South Carolina campus and is known to be a hot spot for paranormal activity.

The ghosts of former patients and staff members are said to wander the theater, believing they are still in the hospital. Cold spots, strange noises and full apparitions are common occurrences at this theater. Visitors often report a feeling of discomfort and unease when in the green room, or what was once the morgue. Others have reported hearing the sounds of doors being slammed shut and the floor creaking at night. The elevator doors are also known to open on their own.

NOTE: I have not seen anything πŸ™‚

Dynatrace Certified Professional

AntonioSousa
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

This is one historic tale, from the greatest Portuguese book (poem) ever written, almost 500 years ago: Os LusΓ­adas. At the time, Portuguese explorers had gone by sea where no one had gone before. But there was one particular spot on the planet that instilled fear in those brave navigators: going around the Cape of Good Hope, in southern Africa.

And thus the spooky figure of Adamastor came to life: adapted from the Greek word for "untameable", living in the deep sea, it was a mythological symbol of the natural challenges that those navigators faced!

Today, we know ahead about hurricanes, just like the one last week. Several centuries ago, these same forces of nature were beyond imagination. And Adamastor would spook those fearless mariners like no other, for at least a couple of centuries:

AntonioSousa_0-1728933730157.png

"O you, the boldest of the nations, fir'd
By daring pride, by lust of fame inspir'd,
Who, scornful of the bow'rs of sweet repose,
Through these my waves advance your fearless prows,
Regardless of the length'ning wat'ry way,
And all the storms that own my sov'reign sway,
Who, mid surrounding rocks and shelves explore
Where never hero brav'd my rage before;
Ye sons of Lusus, who with eyes profane
Have view'd the secrets of my awful reign,
Have pass'd the bounds which jealous Nature drew
To veil her secret shrine from mortal view;
Hear from my lips what direful woes attend,
And, bursting soon, shall o'er your race descend.

"With every bounding keel that dares my rage,
Eternal war my rocks and storms shall wage
The next proud fleet that through my drear domain,
With daring search shall hoist the streaming vane,
That gallant navy, by my whirlwinds toss'd,
And raging seas, shall perish on my coast:
Then he, who first my secret reign descried,
A naked corpse, wide floating o'er the tide,
Shall driveβ€”β€” Unless my heart's full raptures fail,
O Lusus! oft shalt thou thy children wail;
Each year thy shipwreck'd sons shalt thou deplore,
Each year thy sheeted masts shall strew my shore.

Antonio Sousa

kuncarlos
Dynatrace Helper
Dynatrace Helper

DuΓ©rmete niΓ±o,
duΓ©rmete ya,
que viene el coco
y te comerΓ‘.  

The iberian story of the "Coco": https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coco_(folclore) 

WHomES

PacoPorro
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

Snoopy + music + humor.
Spanish song with English subtitles
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hp-jOIk70aU

PedroSantos
Helper

Oooh I love this theme, spooky stories are the best! I'll go with a couple:

• Aqueduto das Águas Livres

aqueduto aguas livres.jpg

Originally, it was built in 1713 to bring water into Lisbon. But in the 19th century, this Aqueduct became the hunting grounds of one of Portugal's first serial killers: Diogo Alves. He would hide out in there, rob his victims and throw them off the aqueduct. It is said he killed over 70 people in this manner, and his ghost is rumored to still haunt the aqueduct to this day, with several reports of eerie noises and screams echoing through the structure. The extra fun thing about this one? Diogo Alves' head is preserved to this day. He was caught, sentenced and hanged. But his head was preserved in order to study the origin of his evil. Yes, I'm serious it's really the man's head. And yes, you can google it if you really want to: Diogo Alves' head. Immediate results, ultra extra creepy.

• The Blind Ghost Girl on the cliff by Castelinho de SΓ£o JoΓ£o do Estoril

casa-assombrada04.jpg

"On the cliff overlooking the blinking blue ocean of Portugal, a young blind girl fell to her death while playing by the Castelinho de SΓ£o JoΓ£o do Estoril. She is now forever haunting the place. 

Locals tell a story about a girl that was dancing at the edge of the cliff and fell to her death in the sea by the Castelinho de SΓ£o JoΓ£o do Estoril. They say that ever since, you can sometimes spot a dancing girl at the very edge, always dancing.

One of the potential buyers in 1983 was JosΓ© Castelo Branco, a Portuguese reality star, but when he got to the place, he gave up any plans of buying the place. At arrival he saw a girl playing with other children by the cliff and suddenly felt the urge to throw himself into the sea. Not buying a bad omen, he left without buying.

And although today, the story of the little girl on the cliff is mostly brought up when the house is put up for sale, it still persists to be told, again and again. And reports of a ghost of a little girl with a doll in her hand comes in as she dances on the cliff or goes through the walls of the house."

To make an error is human. To spread the error across all servers in an automated way is DevOps.

RazTN7
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

In October 2017, my friend and I embarked on trip to Jaipur, India, with a thrilling mission: exploring the infamous Bhangarh Fort, one of India's most haunted places. Located about 50 miles from Jaipur, this eerie fortress has a chilling legend.

According to local lore, a Hindu priest (Sadu) cursed the entire village, condemning it to destruction. This ominous warning keeps tourists away after 5 pm.

On October 5, 2017, we entered the fort premises, eager to uncover its secrets. As we strolled through the abandoned street market, the pleasant weather belied the foreboding atmosphere. I snapped my first photo, which surprisingly got distorted (see below). Locals claim that a priest once worshiped at the mountain top, marked by a small dome structure (zoom in to spot it).

RazTN7_1-1728990325321.jpeg

Photo burst shivers down our spines. I quickly took another photo, which turned out normal. We proceeded with caution, exploring the fort's rooms. However, we sensed very strong odor musty, ammonia-type smell which was massive bat colony – forced us to expedite our exit as it was give us headache.

During our hasty exploration, I lost my friend for 10 minutes. Relieved to find him capturing landscape photos, we swiftly departed, abandoning our plans to explore further.

RazTN7_2-1728991746174.jpeg

Our experience left us with an unsettling memory feeling that Bhangarh Fort still guards its dark secrets.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bhangarh_Fort

RazTN7_0-1728989702361.png

https://www.easemytrip.com/blog/experience-the-presence-of-ghosts-at-these-haunted-places-in-india

Cheers!
RN

Have a nice day!

Patrick_H
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

Not a spooky story, more some spooky places you can visit in Austria. We have lots of old castles that have a spooky flair and also there are some places like the ones listed below which are at least a bit spooky:

iOS help: https://www.dynatrace.com/support/help/shortlink/ios-hub

Featured Posts