cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AgataWlodarczyk
Community Team
Community Team

CMOM - Patrick.png

Love at first sight? Yes, it’s possible, especially when it comes to falling in love with computers and technology 😉 Why do so many of us find passion in this area?

In the last decades, especially in the last few years, we've seen unprecedented growth in IoT, where with the acceleration of digital transformation, technology has become a part of our day-to-day lives. No matter who we are and what we do, it surrounds us on all sides, and in many situations, it makes our lives easier and better. Particularly AI, a technology that transforms many walks of life and human existence and reinforces everything related to the development of technology.

One of those people in love with technology and the APM industry is our DynaMight, Patrick Hofmann, who's been active in the Dynatrace Community for many years already, acquiring knowledge and helping others to succeed.

Who is our Community Member of the Month - @pahofmann - and what does he do on a daily basis at work? Read more and get to know him better.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Can you share some details about your past? What is your story, and how it happened that you decided to work in IT / APM area?

I was interested in computers early on, which led me to my studies in computer science. While studying, I worked for a systems integrator. There I engaged myself in the APM field for the first time and wrote about integrating different APM systems in my bachelor thesis. Afterward, I started working as an APM consultant.

It has been 9 years now working in the APM field, starting with AppMon and continuing with Ruxit/Dynatrace (oh, those name changes 😉). I still love working with Dynatrace because of all the different technologies and projects you encounter.

Relaxing at a local Cafe/BarRelaxing at a local Cafe/Bar Oregon Coast on road trip from Seattle to San FransicoOregon Coast on road trip from Seattle to San Fransico

Can you tell me a little bit about your professional life? Where do you work, and what do you do in your job?

I work for 360 Performance. We’re a Dynatrace Partner for the DACH region. I support our customers over the complete project lifecycle – from choosing the right solution and proof of concepts to implementation, extensions, lifecycle integrations, training, and advice to make sure the customer can get the most value out of Dynatrace.

What is your story with Dynatrace? Why did you start using our products, and for what project?

I started my APM journey from the get-go with AppMon and then continued with Dynatrace. As I started working for a Dynatrace partner, there were many projects which allowed me to get experience with different technologies right away. For the first big project, I had the pleasure of working with an excellent (ex)Dynatracer @TorstenHellwig. I could pick his brain and really get a jump start. 😉

Road trip in ScottlandRoad trip in Scottland

Have you ever had any interesting use cases for the Dynatrace platform that you found to be particularly intriguing? Could you tell us about it?

There are too many to count, but it’s always difficult to share customer stories. What was great, especially in the beginning with AppMon, was seeing people's reactions to the amount of data they could get by adding the agent to their application without much configuration. Dynatrace really expanded with an even easier setup what can be automated and even more insights.

What brought you to our Community? What is your best memory about it?

In the beginning, looking for answers and RFEs (Product Ideas), then also sharing knowledge and tips. One of my best memories, I would have to say, was winning the Rockstar Award. It is high up on that list, even though I couldn’t be there in person at the time.

Why do you think it’s worth being a part of the Dynatrace Community? Why do you contribute to the Community?CMOM_January2023_quote.png

What part or parts of the Dynatrace Community do you like the most?

At the risk of sounding like a suck-up 😉 I still have to say the Community team! I have been active in the Community for a long time now, and what you have done with it over the last few years is awesome. There are so many great improvements coming in all the time.

And how about your life outside IT – what is your biggest passion?

That’s probably one of my flaws, having too many of them. Unfortunately, there is never enough hours in the day. 😊

Aside from traveling, I enjoy playing tabletop RPGs like Dungeons and Dragons. During the pandemic, that led to 3D Printing and then building 3D printers. This also led to a small side business to justify/finance all those new 3D printers 😀

Here’s a picture of my current work in progress:
3D printer. Work in progress...3D printer. Work in progress...

It would also be great if you could share with us your favorite movie, song, and/or book. Let other Community members discover something new and interesting to watch/hear/read.

I would recommend my favorite author, Brandon Sanderson. If you like fantasy novels, you’ll probably know him already, if not, it’s worth checking out his books.

The best thing is, he works like a machine and to relax between writing books he writes more books! So, there is always a new novel coming, and you don’t have to wait for years for the next installment of a series.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

We all love the tasty fruits of technology, so it’s great to see how you, Patrick, enjoy what you do and how you explore technology for your own and customers’ sake.

It’s worth highlighting as well that we appreciate your end-to-end ownership and taking responsibility for the customers' success. It’s challenging to take products and services from beginning to end and deliver a complete functional solution. As a Community, we’re happy to support you and other Community members to find answers and create a space where we all can share and do new things together.

10 Comments
AntonioSousa
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

@pahofmann 

Much deserved!!! Specially liked your reference to the importance of the Community Team :clap:

See you in Perform!

dannemca
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Congrats, @pahofmann !!!

Let's see the DynaMight logo printed with that!!!

g_diener
Contributor

Congrats, Patrick. Absolut verdient ! Hoffentlich sehen wir uns bald einmal wieder 😀

Kenny_Gillette
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

Congrats and yes, community is awesome.

Tristan
Dynatrace Enthusiast
Dynatrace Enthusiast

Congrats Patrick, very well deserved! Keep it up, it's always a pleasure working with you 😉

pahofmann
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Honered to receive the Community Member of the Month again!

Thanks everybody vor the congratulations and hope to see some of you at perform 🙂

jellypuno
Dynatrace Organizer
Dynatrace Organizer

Congrats! :clap:

ChadTurner
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

Congrats! Community Member Twice, what an honor! :clap::dynamight:

Mizső
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

Congratulations! Well deserved! Keep it up! :clap:

DanielS
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Congrats @pahofmann !!! Good to have you around.