cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AgataWlodarczyk
Community Team
Community Team

Member_1_600x300.png

In July 2022, the Community team is happy to spot @in Ubels as an Employee Member of the Month.

Enjoy getting to know @Fin_Ubels better by reading not only about how he fell in love with Dynatrace and what he likes about Community, but how his passion for cooking helps him to learn from mistakes, build on the acquired knowledge, and move forward both in life and at work to help Dynatrace customers succeed.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Can you tell a little bit about your professional life? What is your role in the company and what do you do in your job? 
I heard about Dynatrace through someone at my previous job who encouraged me to apply and here I am. 😊 I joined in September 2021 so I'm still very new around here but already loving it. I work as an ACE consultant in Australia working with clients and helping them get the most out of Dynatrace. This kind of work for me is incredibly rewarding as I help clients get the most out of the platform and help them be as successful as they can be with Dynatrace. This work has taken me through many different technologies and integrations. I have learned more about the inner workings of the technology that powers this world by working with clients and assisting them with their problems than I would ever have otherwise and because of that I just love what I do.

What do you like the most about the Dynatrace platform? What parts of Dynatrace do you use?
The ease of use! So often enterprise software and technology can be so incredibly complex and daunting to learn about but Dynatrace aims to reduce so much of that. Because of that, it gives us more time to work on fixing problems rather than diagnosing or even setting up the software to diagnose. As for what parts do I use, pretty much all of it? In my short time, I have been through the setup of Managed environments, installing/configuring agents and ActiveGates, configuration and integration of extensions, tuning alerting, dashboarding, building custom integrations, and more!

CookingCooking
Have you ever had any interesting use case for the Dynatrace platform that you found to be particularly intriguing? Could you tell us about it?
Automation would be my favorite and most interesting use case that I have come across so far. Using the data Dynatrace provides to trigger Ansible jobs or Keptn workflows might seem daunting at first but can be an awesome way to improve the efficiency and speed of an environment’s expansion. Without utilizing tools such as those you’re left being reactive and slow. What’s even better is combining the incredible extensibility of Dynatrace with that automation to create whatever new workflows you need.

What brought you to our community? What is your best memory about it?
A desire to continue providing support when I’m not with my clients is what brought me here. I like to engage with others when I can as it helps push my knowledge of Dynatrace to new heights. Quite often when helping people on the forums I don’t know the answer immediately but I’ll have an idea so I’ll research and push my knowledge to provide the best answer I can. As for my best memory… I haven’t really been here that long, but I would say my first accepted solution as it felt nice to know that someone got something out of my response.

What part or parts of Dynatrace Community do you like the most?
A strong community around any product I believe to be very important. It provides a place to ask questions and to search for answers but also highlights how much so many of our clients appreciate the product.
EMOM.png
What I like the most about this community though is how active it is. Every day there are so many more posts, so many more topics and it just goes to show how much we all value working together and sharing what we know.

Why do you think it’s worth being a part of the Dynatrace Community? Why do you contribute to the Community?
It’s worth being a part of the community to help develop the knowledge base and Dynatrace to customer relations. It’s so important that we build both the strong connections with those that we help as well as the information that helps them succeed. I contribute to being a part of that process as I believe it’s vital for creating a generally positive feeling about Dynatrace.

And how about your life outside the IT – what is your biggest passion?
My biggest passion outside of IT is probably cooking. I love tabletop games too but cooking is just so relaxing… and tasty! I think what draws me to cooking is the ability to try new combinations, new techniques, and new flavors. If it fails spectacularly you learn from it, build on that knowledge and move forward. Failure doesn’t have to be negative, everyone has bad days, or does something in the wrong way, that’s just being human. Once a week or once a fortnight I get together with my sister, and we will cook together and play games sometimes for hours. Last week we made burgers and chips completely from scratch. The buns, chips, sauce, and patties.

Burgers and chipsBurgers and chips
The buns were a disaster…

BunsBuns
…but we learned from it and found new flavors and techniques to try in the future. We also make all sorts of things though like dumplings, ravioli, ragu, curries… you name it we’ve probably tried to do something like it!

My favorite thing to make though would probably be chicken wings, they’re just so full of flavor and it’s so hard to ruin them! 

If anyone wants to try them the recipe is as follows:
1kg chicken wings
2tsp ground cumin or whole cumin seed (I prefer whole cumin seed)
1tsp Paprika (preferably smoked)
1tsp cayenne
1tsp garlic salt
2tbsp olive oil.

Throw everything together in a large bowl or pot and mix thoroughly coating everything evenly. Refrigerate for a couple of hours then spread them out in a large pan and cook in the oven at 180C for about 45 minutes or until cooked through. For a better result (in my opinion) cook on a BBQ on lowish heat for about 40 minutes or again until cooked through.

Chicken wingsChicken wings
It would also be great if you could share with us your favorite movie, song and/or a book. Let other Community members discover something new and interesting to watch/hear/read.
My favorite movie… there are too many to choose from! If I really had to pick just 1 it would probably be Inception. It is just such a fascinating movie with a lot of deep topics directed by a brilliant director, Christopher Nolan. It also has just fantastic visuals and sound… I don’t know why but I value a great audio experience when it comes to movies and Hans Zimmer really adds a touch of epic to everything he works on.

My favorite song is much easier, it has to be The Wine Song by The Cat Empire. Anything by The Cat Empire is fantastic but The Wine Song is just a lot of fun.

Lastly my favorite book, well I don’t really read books other than textbooks so maybe we could do my favorite TV series? If so then it would have to be Westworld hands down. What an absolutely amazing series, especially the first season. Everything about it is just fantastic. The mysterious characters and setting. The tense scenes with amazing visuals. And then what a soundtrack by Ramin Djawadi. All together it creates what has to be my favorite viewing experience ever.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Fin, we’re happy that Community allowed you to onboard faster to the new areas of the APM world and Dynatrace product itself. Going through a vast number of forum posts is always a great indication of what matters to Dynatrace customers and users.

It’s really great to see as well that by… cooking you’re boosting and reframing your mistakes as an opportunity to learn and develop. That you review what went wrong, and identify the skills, knowledge, resources, or tools that will keep from repeating the error - it’s a great attitude.

It’s awesome that you’re a part of the Dynatrace Community because you show that we can learn from mistakes and view them as positive experiences but also that we can put effort into improving ourselves by helping others.

So let's all together, continuously and collectively, serve our Community members to help them by using Dynatrace to transform their challenges into business success.

7 Comments
dannemca
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

No no no no... This post should have a big warning at the very top, saying "DO NOT OPEN IF YOU'RE HUNGRY!!!"

Gee, Fin, what a TASTY wings!!!!

Congrats, mate!!!

Karolina_Linda
Community Team
Community Team

What a fantastic community spirit! ❤️ You can truly lead by example, Fin! :clap:

Congratulations!

AntonioSousa
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Congratulations Fin!

techean
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

Keep up the good work @Fin_Ubels  :clap:.  I too wish I get more time now to bake some foods as baking is the area that I didn't explore much.

Michal_Gebacki
Community Team
Community Team

Inspiring conversation, nice to meet you Fin!

Fin_Ubels
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

Thanks everyone for the kind words! Hope to see everyone around the forums in the future!

Tino_Kunesu
Dynatrace Enthusiast
Dynatrace Enthusiast

Good stuff Fin, keen for those wings too!