Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AgataWlodarczyk
Community Team
Community Team

EMOM_Paco_banner.png

When on the meeting I asked Paco “How are you?”
He smiled and replied more less: “Always fine. If I can’t control something or find a way on how to change it, the best way is to look again, or accept it, and move on. Let's see what more is along the way”.

So Paco put a smile on my face from the beginning. 😀

This attitude definitely is helpful and “contagious in a good way” in the process of assisting customers in their transitions and challenges they want to resolve with using Dynatrace. And to serve these customers better @PacoPorro is a regular visitor and contributor on the Community.

What was his journey and what keeps him motivated and full of the good spirit? Answers are below.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Can you share some details about your past? What is your story, how did it happen that you decided to work in the IT / observability area, and how did you become a Dynatracer? 
Let's talk about my journey in the world of IT, starting from when the internet was just beginning to take shape. Back then, I began my career. During the "dotcom bubble" era, I delved into monitoring tools, starting with Big-Brother, a simple tool with its "red bad" and "green good" indicators. These early experiences paved the way for my future.

As technology advanced, so did my career, focusing mainly on system administration, particularly with Unix operating systems, while monitoring tools remained integral. In the mid-2010s, I encountered APM concepts through a tool called Appmon, which influenced my professional direction. 

In 2016, I came in contact with Dynatrace, which, though not as advanced as it is today, sparked my interest and presented new opportunities. Little did I know that this would mark the beginning of an incredible journey. 

We then reached the "COVID situation". Suddenly, remote working became the norm, transcending geographical boundaries. For those of us not nestled in big, bustling metropolises, this change was a game changer. In 2020, I joined Dynatrace, a virtual journey that allowed me to contribute from home. The pandemic, while challenging, also brought a new flexibility. 

So here I am, a technology traveler and an observability enthusiast, ready for whatever the future holds.

LEFT: Enjoying a beer in Oporto. / RIGHT: In the Dojo, with the old green belt.LEFT: Enjoying a beer in Oporto. / RIGHT: In the Dojo, with the old green belt.Can you tell us a little bit about your job? What interesting things are you working on that you can share?
I am an architect on the ACE services team. Currently, my biggest challenges involve assisting Dynatrace customers as they transition from Managed services to SaaS. 

In this role, I work closely with them, understanding their unique needs and guiding them through the migration process. It’s a dynamic environment where adaptability and problem-solving skills are crucial.

LEFT: Hot Labs in Madrid with my teammates. / RIGHT: Maidenhead reconnect 2023 with services team.LEFT: Hot Labs in Madrid with my teammates. / RIGHT: Maidenhead reconnect 2023 with services team.
What makes you excited about being a part of Dynatrace?
Clearly the opportunity to work for a leading company in the observability world and of course our product and the company’s ability to embrace and adopt new technological trends are noteworthy.

How is the Community helping you in your job?
Why do you think it’s worth being a part of the Dynatrace Community? What best advice can you give someone who just started using Community?
EMOM_Paco_quote.pngThrough discussions, shared experiences, and real-world scenarios, I gain insights that enhance my understanding of Dynatrace’s impact. The Community is a treasure trove of knowledge. From seasoned veterans to newcomers, everyone contributes. You’ll find solutions, ideas, and inspiration. So search the Community. Chances are, someone else faced a similar challenge. Leverage existing discussions—it’s efficient and respectful.

Tell us something about you that most people don’t know. What is your biggest joy or passion in life?
My biggest joy is exploring nature on my mountain bike (MTB). The thrill of riding through trails and feeling the wind against my face is pure bliss.

But not only MTB, I also practice Judo a martial art that combines discipline, technique, and physical strength.

LEFT: Race day in Urueña, medieval walled town. / RIGHT: With the armor, ready for a DH day (DownHill).LEFT: Race day in Urueña, medieval walled town. / RIGHT: With the armor, ready for a DH day (DownHill).
What’s one thing on your bucket list? Your dream?

Not difficult to achieve, I want to attend a music festival in another country, taking advantage of the fusion of live performances, diverse genres and the excitement of exploring a new culture.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Paco, keep the spirit and stay “always fine”! We wish you a lot of lovely festivals along the way and looking forward to seeing the picture of you in the brown Judo belt. Fingers crossed! 🤞

11 Comments