Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AgataWlodarczyk
Community Team
Community Team

CMOM_Elena_banner.png

Are you tired?

If you don’t walk today, you’ll have to run tomorrow. (Carles Puyol)
Consistency and taking another streps day by day it’s important. That’s how we grow and develop, in many areas.

But what if someone just likes running? And run not to "add days to the life", but “add more life to days”?

Our Member of the month of April, Elena, not only loves running, but also “runs today, to run faster tomorrow”. And it’s not only about the physical activity, but also about being more and more active on Dynatrace Community. All that to help other Community members and customers of the company she work for.

Qurius who @erh_inetum is? Read the article 😉

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Can you share some details about your past? What is your story, and how it happened that you decided to work in the IT / APM area?

I'm Elena Renedo Herrero from Spain. Although I've been living in Madrid for almost 20 years, I'm originally from Valladolid. I grew up there; first in the capital and then at Laguna de Duero, a village that I consider my hometown and in which I was living till I went to Madrid because of work. I decided to study Computers because computers and computer science had always attracted my attention. But I didn't have my first computer till I started to study Computers at 18 years old.

I started to work as system administrator and then in Middleware area where I started to encounter APM tools: Gomez SaaS, AppMon, DCRUM and later, Dynatrace. For 7 years, I combined tasks related to middleware (webservers and applications servers specially) with the administration of APM tools specially DCRUM and Dynatrace, and in an interesting project with Ansible during several months till we finished it. From 2021 my focus is Dynatrace

"Cerdicornio" - half pig, half unicorn from "Anna Kadabra" book series. Craft made together with my daughter."Cerdicornio" - half pig, half unicorn from "Anna Kadabra" book series. Craft made together with my daughter.

Can you tell us a little bit about your professional life? Where do you work, and what do you do in your job? And how does Dynatrace fit into the picture?

I work administrating Dynatrace and do all task related to that, you know: installation, configuration, administration, event analysis and troubleshooting, integrations and now help in migrating from Managed to SaaS.

What was the biggest challenge Dynatrace helped you to overcome?

Basically, it has helped me to detect any problems that were impacting on customer's business and having economic loss. Dynatrace helps me to discover root causes for issues in which a critical application for the business customer stop working for customers like banks, hotels or public institutions for example.

What brought you to our Community? What made you stay? What best advice can you give someone who just started using Community?

CMOM_Elena_quote.png
On the Community with the help of the comments of the Community members I almost always find solving something that I'm not able to do from my own. And if something it's not possible to do because the product doesn´t allow it at this moment, I have the possibility to suggest implementing that we need, and it helps to improve the product and other people who has the same needed. It's nice also when I'm able to answer the question and contribute to help.
I encourage everyone to participate sharing their questions, answering post and giving kudos in appreciation for the response.

More craft made together with my  daughter. :)More craft made together with my daughter. 🙂

Tell us something about you that most people don’t know. What is your biggest joy or passion in life? 
I love practicing sports All my life I practice athletics, especially running. I always love it, since I was child cross-country races. I find them very entertaining. I go running always as I can and prefer long distances because… I just love running so much. I have always had a lot of resistance and not much speed, so long distances fit me.

Running for me helps me calm and concentrate. I can't imagine life without running. Although I have been practices other sports (I also enjoy long jump) I've never stopped to run. I can't imagine life without it. If for any reason I could´t run, I would be very sad. I would focus in other hobbies but would missed it a lot.

My other passion is spending free time with my daughter going for walks, skating, going to the theatre or doing arts and crafts with her. She enjoys reading and crafts. Some of her favorite books are "Anna Kadabra". Some books of the collection talk about a fun animal called "cerdicornio" - half pig, half unicorn. So we decided to build it.

I enjoy music a lot too. I was playing percussion instruments in an orchestra for two years till my daughter born. 

Coming back to my hometown (Valladolid) and spend time in front of the lagoon watching it and walking around it, also brings me a lot of joy.

LEFT: Laguna de Duero / RIGHT: Valladolid Pisuerga River.LEFT: Laguna de Duero / RIGHT: Valladolid Pisuerga River.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Elena, great to have you on Community. Enjoy your run and we wish you a lot of success along the way, both at work and in life.

13 Comments