cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ana_Kuzmenchuk
Community Team
Community Team

EMOM_Piotr_banner.png

Life is like a box of chocolates; you never know what you’re going to get. No matter what, it’s important to stay open to whatever it has to offer! 

And in this article, we’d like to invite you to meet someone whose journey’s been as fascinating as the technologies he works with. From childhood gaming adventures to orchestrating complex documentation, his story is a blend of passion, technology, and a dash of international romance 😉  

Meet @piotr_szwarc, our seasoned Dynatracer, and see the other side of an Information Developer, which consists of everything dear to the heart. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

1. Can you share some details about your past? What is your story, how did it happen that you decided to work in the IT / APM area, and how did you become a Dynatracer? 

I was born in Gdynia, Poland, but my parents and I emigrated to the United States when I was a young boy. From an early age, I was fascinated with computers and video games. Atari 2600, Commodore C64, Amiga 500, and Tandy TRS-80 were my childhood toys, so my path in life naturally gravitated towards Information Technology. Later, I became fascinated with networking (Windows NT, Novell NetWare, etc.) My professional experience involved building open architecture systems, configuring small office networks, and administering Windows servers in a small internet service provider company (ISP). All while still staying true to video gaming. Technologies used in games like Doom and Quake introduced me to 3D modeling, shifting my interests toward a new technology (at that time), stereolithography, and 3D printing.

In 2005, I came to Poland on a vacation and fell in love with a beautiful Polish girl. 

Pete with Ewa in Meteora, GreecePete with Ewa in Meteora, Greece

I decided to move to Poland and searched for a job that would utilize my skills in technology and English. I found a company that was looking for a tech writer. Throughout the years, this company became Dynatrace, and the position became Information Developer.  

From the beginning, we were a perfect match. I was able to learn new technologies that Dynatrace developed and implemented, and with my experience as a user of new technologies in the past, I could understand the needs of the target audience (Admin manuals, user manuals, getting started manuals). This relationship continues for 18 years. 

My failed build in 2005 VS. My failed build in 2024My failed build in 2005 VS. My failed build in 2024

2. Can you tell us a little bit about your job? What interesting things you’re working on that you can share?  

I am a Senior Information Developer with the add-on role of a Product Owner for the Documentation team. I'm tasked with ensuring the documentation content is published and planning development tasks for the Documentation team. I am also working on the separation of the Managed documentation set. 

EMOM_Piotr3.jpg

3. What makes you excited about being a part of the Dynatrace? 

• Evolving product, never a dull moment. 
  • Learning and understanding new technologies, that allow me to present complex ideas in a more straightforward, more accessible way. 

4. How is the Community helping you in your job? Why do you think it’s worth being a part of the Dynatrace Community? What best advice can you give someone who just started using Community? 

The Community is an integral part of the broader Dynatrace experience. While documentation, by definition, is information that Dynatrace presents to the user, Community communication occurs in many ways, such as discussions, threads, questions, answers, and tips. The Community is alive and ensures you're not alone as a Dynatrace user. Just recently, Dynatrace Community helped Dynatrace Documentation by taking over the troubleshooting concept. While the troubleshooting information was available in the Documentation set, with our constant product improvements, it was quickly becoming outdated, thus lowering the value of the Dynatrace Documentation. Now, the troubleshooting on the Community can be updated by every Dynatrace user, outdated threads closed, new tips added, and unique cases addressed. This move has greatly improved the value of the information we present to Dynatrace users.  

And as a new Community user, don't hesitate to join and ask questions. I believe it was Confucius who said: "The man who asks a stupid question is a fool for a minute. The man who does not ask a stupid question is a fool for life". Use this great tool and enjoy Dynatrace even more. 

EMOM_Piotr_quote.png

5. Tell us something about you that most people don’t know. What is your most immense joy or passion in life? 

• I lived in Rome, Italy, for about a year in the mid-80s. 
  • In the early 2000s, as a freelance 3D model maker in NYC, I had the privilege of making 3D jewelry models for designers from Tiffany & Co., Hearts on Fire and various other custom jewelry companies. 

At Jacob Javits Convention Center, NYC with HoF and completed stereolithography build of jewelryAt Jacob Javits Convention Center, NYC with HoF and completed stereolithography build of jewelry

• I can set diamonds in a ring. 
  • I like ice hockey (watching). My favorite hockey team is the NY Rangers. 
  • My favorite band is Rush. 
  • I like photography. 

Street market in Xi’an, China (on the left) and pedestrian tunnel in Wejherowo, Poland (on the right)Street market in Xi’an, China (on the left) and pedestrian tunnel in Wejherowo, Poland (on the right)

• I like ancient history. 
  • I like Jeeps Wranglers and Off-road. I owned two so far. The second one I have owned for the past 18 years.

EMOM_Piotr6.jpg

• I converted an MB Vito into a campervan and traveled throughout the Balkans and Greece, stealth camping and visiting archeological sites and beaches.

Peloponnese, Greece (on the left) and Zakinthos, Greece (on the right)Peloponnese, Greece (on the left) and Zakinthos, Greece (on the right)

6. What’s one thing on your bucket list? Your dream? 

Visit Göbekli Tepe in my campervan. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thank you, @piotr_szwarc, for taking us along for this exciting ride and sharing your story. We wish you new off-roads to discover, new foreign lands to lay your eyes upon, and, finally, make it into one picture with the whole Documentation team! Thank you for your unmatched energy, and see you around the Community 😉  

15 Comments
Michal_Gebacki
Community Team
Community Team

What an inspiring human being Piotr is, hats off for sharing his life story and wonderful pictures!

Magda_Zarek
Dynatrace Organizer
Dynatrace Organizer

Congratulations, Piotr! I'm thankful to have had you as my buddy since my first day at Dynatrace. I've gained a wealth of knowledge from you, and even seven months later, it's still great to work alongside you 😂😄

Radoslaw_Szulgo
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

Thank you, Piotr for the everyday support I get from you! You rock!

IzabelaRokita
Community Team
Community Team

Wow, what a life @piotr_szwarc , that's a well-deserved recognition right there! ‌👏
It had to be exciting to experience the video game development industry from such early on when each year brought something truly revolutionary. ‌🎮
I kind of envy you that! 😄

Mizső
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

Congratulation @piotr_szwarc! Thank you for your support!:clap::clap::clap::dynaspin:

nandini_balakri
Dynatrace Helper
Dynatrace Helper

Woot ♥️!

AntonioSousa
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Congrats Piotr!

gbaudart
DynaMight Champion
DynaMight Champion

Congrats @piotr_szwarc !

dannemca
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

What a multitask person!!! Congrats @piotr_szwarc !!!

Documentation and Community are dependent each other.

Ana_Kuzmenchuk
Community Team
Community Team

@dannemca you're right! Community and Documentation go hand in hand, and we're so happy to have such an amazing team to work with ❤️ 

Karolina_Linda
Community Team
Community Team

Congratulations, Pete! :clap: Always modest and hardworking, bringing a good sense of humor and a positive attitude :tada: Keep rockin'! :dynaspin:

chris_thompson
Dynatrace Participant
Dynatrace Participant

It's so cool to see pics of Piotr's adventures, which I've heard so much about over the years. Piotr has long been a reliable and helpful member of the Docs team. I'm glad to see him get this recognition.  🤠

karolinaboba
Dynatrace Advisor
Dynatrace Advisor

It's a lot of fun to have Pete as the Product Owner as well as the Dynasaur :dynaspin:  member of the Docs team and learn from him everyday 🔥

AgataWlodarczyk
Community Team
Community Team

Cars, mud, and jewelry...🫠🫠🫠
Top positions from my "list of favorite things" 😍

DanielS
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Congrats @piotr_szwarc !!!! Inspiring post. 🎮