cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About Kubernetes Pod metric Inquiries

jacob12341414
Newcomer

I'm currently working on a Kubernetes monitoring environment using Prometheus and Grafana. I'm finding that the open source tools have some limitations in providing insights into Kubernetes metrics. I'm looking for a SaaS solution to supplement these limitations.

Does your Product have a dashboard that allows me to view pods that have disappeared(= dead = no longer receiving data) in the past?

How do I filter pods or in this monitor pods that are stuck on terminating status. Keep in mind that terminating status is not part of a pod lifecycle. I have done a lot of searching but i have found any solution. Using FAILED_PHASE is not enough. NB in terminating status you will find that the pod is in running state as well as containers.

I'm curious if your company has a feature that allows me to view pods that have disappeared in the past (i.e., dead = no longer receiving data). If so, can you provide me with any detailed documentation about this feature?

1 REPLY 1

Mizső
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

Hi @jacob12341414,

There are many predefined alerts like pos stuck in terminating:

Mizs_0-1699458074828.png

At workload level you can see:

Mizs_1-1699458690543.png

Based on the pod status you can create dashboard tiles eg. for Terminating status. Example for the las 24 hours:

Mizs_2-1699459239418.png

I hope it helps.

Best regards,

Mizső

Dynatrace Community RockStar 2024, Certified Dynatrace Professional

Featured Posts