cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Host units are consuming by pods as well and pods is displaying as hosts

manickam
Visitor

Host units are consuming by pods and pods is displaying as hosts, I have raised a customer support for this and they asked me to add this line  feature.dynatrace.com/injection-failure-policy="fail" in dynakube.yaml file.

Could someone explain why it is necessary and do i have any document for this Flag.

1 REPLY 1

Mohamed_Hamdy
DynaMight Champion
DynaMight Champion

Hello @manickam,

The failure policy determines what should happen when OneAgent injection fails for a particular pod in a Kubernetes cluster. By default, the failure policy is set to silent. You can override the failure policy for all injected pods that match the DynaKube by setting the feature.dynatrace.com/injection-failure-policy to one of the following values.

• silent—if OneAgent injection fails for a particular pod, the pod will continue to run without monitoring.
  • fail—if OneAgent injection fails for a particular pod, the pod will not start, and the injection failure will be treated as an error.

for more details please check the following URL:

https://www.dynatrace.com/support/help/shortlink/dto-config-k8s#configure-failure-policy

Certified Dynatrace Professional | Certified Dynatrace Services Delivery - Observability & CloudOps | Dynatrace Partner - yourcompass.ca

Featured Posts