cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

K8s classicFullStack Limitation

steven_v
Organizer

Hello,

Is anyone aware of or know if the current limitation below with the K8s classicFullstack injection method will be changed or enhanced in the future to remove this limitation? Seeing that it is the recommended model, it definitely would help us out if the limitation was addressed.

"Limitations: There’s a startup dependency between the container in which OneAgent is deployed and application containers to be instrumented (for example, containers that have deep process monitoring enabled). The OneAgent container must be started and the oneagenthelper process must be running before the application container is launched so that the application can be properly instrumented."

Ref: https://docs.dynatrace.com/docs/shortlink/installation-k8s#deployment-options

3 REPLIES 3

radek_jasinski
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Hi,

I don't know of anything that is going to change, but for the moment I recommend doing instrumentation using Cloud Native.

https://community.dynatrace.com/t5/Container-platforms/Kubernetes-K8s-Classic-Full-stack-vs-Cloud-Na...

Have a nice day!

steven_v
Organizer

hi @radek_jasinski 

we were hoping to not have to do a full migration over to cloudnative but it looks like we may have to. 

Mizső
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

Hi @steven_v,

I had a same question (ticket) to the support, because I have also realized that many pods were not instumented after OpenShift upgrade with nodes restarts. ☹️

Support recommendation to swith cloud-native full stack which solves this issue. (But colud native full stack has also limitations) so I still remained at classic full stack,

But be aware that soon the recommended will be the cloud-native full stack, I hope it's limitations will be solved soon:

Mizs_0-1699911469073.png

@florian_g: Do you have any public information about this change?

Best regards,

Mizső

Dynatrace Community RockStar 2024, Certified Dynatrace Professional

Featured Posts