cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DQL error: "exceeded maximum execution time"

Ellery
Helper

Hello,

I am generating a table from a DQL query to BIZ Event data, but after some time, I encounter this error:

excede limite.JPG

7 REPLIES 7

Ed_Cox
Observer

I'm getting that in Log...The tile in the dashboard shows the error, but if I execute the DQL in "configure tile" it works fine with 0 seconds

NathanZ
Newcomer

I'm having that same issue when fetching logs. When editing the tile the execution time takes less than a second. 

kumargauravin
Newcomer

Same here, any solution?

sivart_89
Mentor

Yep I am seeing the same thing on our end. Query runs in no time when running the query but it doesn't load the data in the dashboard tile and shows the same message instead.

robaxelsen
Dynatrace Helper
Dynatrace Helper

Hi @Ellery - thanks for reporting, and thanks for everyone else for chiming in with your own experiences around this issue. Our engineers are looking into this, and working on a fix. 

Thanks @robaxelsen I confirm I'm experiencing the same issue randomly in the "old" Dynatrace version when displaying in dashboard metric done via DQL (even if I specify a very limited amount of time).

Let us know as soon as this issue will be addressed on the overall platform,

Best regards

LawrenceBarratt
Dynatrace Advisor
Dynatrace Advisor

Hi @Ellery 

On this occasion, I recommend using the Platform Dashboards for this use case. They will offer more visualizations and a better experience than using Dashboards Classic.

If you are returning too many rows, you can set your timeframe as shown below:

fetch bizevents, from: now()-1d

To get the best experience from BizEvents and Logs, i suggest doing some processing on the values you want and then returning them - see here

Happy to look over your BizEvent query and make recommendations 🙂

Featured Posts