cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom chart for JVM Busy Threads

martin_gradev
Newcomer

Hello,

As part of our monitoring solution, we need to add a Custom chart showing the JVM Busy Threads and also define an alert in case it reach some threshold.

Is this possible with the current version? I can recall that before 2 months (maybe more) I was able to configure such chart. What was changed?

BR,

Martin

8 REPLIES 8

thorsten_roth
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

Hi,

right now we have the following metrics for JVMs:

• GC invocations
  • GC time
  • Memory (committed)
  • Memory (used)
  • Thread count

I am not aware of any change in this area.

Thorsten

martin_gradev
Newcomer

@Thorsten R. - I am sure I was able to add JVM Thread busy before. Is there a way to tweak something in the configuration in order to enable this metric?

martin_gradev
Newcomer

Are we going to bury this thread or I can expect a meaningful update?

As I told you, I am not aware of any metric like this.

martin_gradev
Newcomer

I was able to create such chart from Title catalog -> Infrastructure -> Process group. Select process group type: Java, Select metric: Threads - Busy threads. It is not very functional, e.g. on click you are redirected to a random host instead of having a chart, but at least it provides some insights for our whole environment.

Interesting and good to know. It seems that the metrics differs from what we have in the custom charting.

Yes, it is not a custom chart and that's the problem with the functionality, as these metrics are not sorted in a table (like all custom charts), but you are redirected to the metrics for a specific host. Maybe a future improvement?

Absolutely, I will forward this to the right person. Appreciate it.

Featured Posts