cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to chart the number of requests being made by one service to another service?

D_Miller
Advisor

Hello,

I need to show on a dashboard the number of Requests being made from one Service to another Service.  This is easy to do with an MDA but I need the data on a Dashboard chart.  It's not possible to make a Metric as a Hierarchy filter is not supported 😞

I'm also not getting anywhere fast with the 'fromRelationships' and 'toRelationships' in the Data Explorer.

Has anyone else tried to do this?

4 REPLIES 4

shahhan23
Dynatrace Participant
Dynatrace Participant

There is a metrics called "Number of calls to other Services" in Data Explorer that you can give a try. 

shahhan23_0-1659450486628.png

Hello,

Thanks for that little nugget. However, I need it to be precise. As I can't with that metric, filter or know which service is actually being called.

techean
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

No help with the data explorer ? did you tried using it to tile it in dashboard. 

KG

Hi, I'm trying to create a filter in the Data Explorer (Code) to determine the number of calls from a Kafka Messaging Service to a Google.Spanner Service Instance (Custom Device).

This is very easy to do in an MDA. But there seems to be no way to show this data in a Dashboard Chart. I can see how to create the relationship/hierarchy filter in a chart.

Featured Posts