cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Top user actions - UserSession table or UserAction table?

ABB
Observer

Whether it's the count of frustrated user actions or Top user actions, should we get it from usersession table or useraction table? Need some guidance on this. I see counts vastly differ for both.

In addition, I see another issue- Not sure if this is our company instance, but when I use the user session table, the where clause doesn't work and pulls all the application names, whereas if I use the useraction table, my results are limited to the application name. 

SELECT useraction.application, useraction.name, COUNT(*) FROM usersession WHERE useraction.application ="My_App" AND useraction.apdexCategory="FRUSTRATED" GROUP BY useraction.application,useraction.name

vs

SELECT useraction.application, useraction.name, COUNT(*) FROM useraction WHERE useraction.application ="My_App" AND useraction.apdexCategory="FRUSTRATED" GROUP BY useraction.application, useraction.name

2 REPLIES 2

christian_gusta
Dynatrace Helper
Dynatrace Helper

Hi,

This is explained in the documentation of USQL how the filtering works for primary and secondary "tables" works: https://www.dynatrace.com/support/help/how-to-use-dynatrace/real-user-monitoring/how-to-use-real-use...

christian_gusta_0-1645003460097.png

Thanks! This explains it!

Featured Posts